Paypal IPN Notification URL

Circo

We are getting a custom Paypal Plugin made that supports adaptive payments. The developer has everything working except Paypal is not reporting back through IPN to the IP Board that the payment was accepted (normal non AP payments work fine), therefore every AP purchase shows up as pending in IP Board even though it was paid successfully.

What is the correct IPN address to report back to Nexus for paypal in v4? I know in v3 the documentation is here but that URL is no longer valid.

http://www.invisionpower.com/download/documents/PayPal-IPN-Setup.pdf

Thanks for any help!

This is the same way for the licensing URL I use, I developed a web app that when you did the install it asked for a license key. Now when we upgrade to v4 the URL will be different, which is fine. But it's pretty much the same thing, in v4 they changed the file structure of the software. So there will be changes to a lot of the URL's i believe.

Thanks Hulu

so from the Looks of it it looks like the new board is using Paypals REST API for payments. Unfortunately I do not believe Adaptive Payments are compatible with REST. We are using the classic API to accomplish this. This is maybe why I cannot find an IPN callback. Also is the final release of IP Board going to be encrypted like 3 was with ioncube. That would throw a huge wrench in things as a few mods have to be made to paypal.php

So 2 things:

Any IPN callback available? 

Encrypted files with 4 final release?

Thanks!

@Rhett I'm wondering why you had to delete my waste 10 minute info reply in this post with info, that you closed and that could be used for answering this client of yours who opens the same topic .. control your non-members in a proper way, but don't remove a client (me) help to others that can benefit from it .. I don't wanna whine what's right or not, but it's a waste of time and disappointing.

sorry @Circo I had to post it here  :)

BTW it is announced somewhere here that Nexus/Commerce will not be encrypted ..

and the IPN callback should not be needed because of the REST API keeps track of things (as far as I know, but it is failing for me sins Beta 5, before Beta 5 all was fine)

@Rhett I'm wondering why you had to delete my waste 10 minute info reply in this post with info, that you closed and that could be used for answering this client of yours who opens the same topic .. control your non-members in a proper way, but don't remove a client (me) help to others that can benefit from it .. I don't wanna whine what's right or not, but it's a waste of time and disappointing.

sorry @Circo I had to post it here  :)

BTW it is announced somewhere here that Nexus/Commerce will not be encrypted ..

and the IPN callback should not be needed because of the REST API keeps track of things (as far as I know, but it is failing for me sins Beta 5, before Beta 5 all was fine)

Thank You...​The problem is that we are modifying the paypal.php and adding a custom paypal_adaptive.php into nexus. This is so we can support adaptive chained payments. Unfortunately REST does not support adaptive payments yet, only the classic API does. This is all OK because we have the adaptive payment API totally separate from the built in Nexus Paypal API but since Nexus is using REST it looks like Invision removed the IPN listener within nexus. This causes a problem because since we are using the classic API we need that IPN listener in order for Paypal to notify Nexus that the payment was successful. Everything is working fine except there is no way to mark the invoice as paid since I can't find or the IPN listener within Nexus or it was removed in v4. @Rhett any idea about this?

• 3 weeks later...

Bump, any idea about paypal reporting back to Nexus? Will the IPN listener be put back in? Since you are using REST now the IPN listener isnt there anymore and I have no way to mark the invoice as paid. I would use REST but chained payments are not supported. please help

I would use v3 but it is encrypted and cannot edit the files. In a big pinch here. We are using vbulletin now with Chained Payments working great but really want to move to IPB

Bump, any idea about paypal reporting back to Nexus? Will the IPN listener be put back in? Since you are using REST now the IPN listener isnt there anymore and I have no way to mark the invoice as paid. I would use REST but chained payments are not supported. please help

I would use v3 but it is encrypted and cannot edit the files. In a big pinch here. We are using vbulletin now with Chained Payments working great but really want to move to IPB

​.

Also .. if you don't use PayPal card Vault system, because you are not in the right country ( only US, and UK for now I guess ) .. then automated subscriptions / renewals don't work in IPS 4 .. that is totally gone .. also related with IPN ..

Maybe all the issues we have .. is it not better to focus on a bridge between WordPress and only IPS forum (and drop all the rest) .. WordPress Woocommerce works flawless .. and on top of that we get a lot more goodies to satisfy everyone's needs ..

Hello, please file a ticket for official support, we would be happy to help you.

​.

there are a few of us here that request an answer (we can't jump all on a support ticket for the same thing :)  ) .. although we partially know what the answer is going to be unfortunately .. it should be wiser to give any idea where we can adapt IPN, if any of this is possible, to IPS 4 .. is it possible to make a plugin for this? Or is it too deep in Nexus code to even think about it? ..

• 1 month later...

@Ocean West Please submit a ticket.

Thank You...​The problem is that we are modifying the paypal.php and adding a custom paypal_adaptive.php into nexus. This is so we can support adaptive chained payments. Unfortunately REST does not support adaptive payments yet, only the classic API does. This is all OK because we have the adaptive payment API totally separate from the built in Nexus Paypal API but since Nexus is using REST it looks like Invision removed the IPN listener within nexus. This causes a problem because since we are using the classic API we need that IPN listener in order for Paypal to notify Nexus that the payment was successful. Everything is working fine except there is no way to mark the invoice as paid since I can't find or the IPN listener within Nexus or it was removed in v4. @Rhett any idea about this?

​It would likely be easier to just make a new payment gateway versus trying to 'hack' a gateway using an incompatible API.....

• 1 month later...

​.

Also .. if you don't use PayPal card Vault system, because you are not in the right country ( only US, and UK for now I guess ) .. then automated subscriptions / renewals don't work in IPS 4 .. that is totally gone .. also related with IPN ..

Maybe all the issues we have .. is it not better to focus on a bridge between WordPress and only IPS forum (and drop all the rest) .. WordPress Woocommerce works flawless .. and on top of that we get a lot more goodies to satisfy everyone's needs ..

​No more subscriptions based options in IP Nexus 4? We have all subscription based packages and if that's gone, I need to start finding alternatives. 

​No more subscriptions based options in IP Nexus 4? We have all subscription based packages and if that's gone, I need to start finding alternatives. 

​.

You can check "PayPal Vault" .. if you are in USA or UK it is possible (maybe they already add other countries) ..

PayPal Vault is used for "direct card" in IPS4 .. as a replacement for IPN subscriptions ..

If not possible with PayPal Vault then maybe a credit/debit system with "account credit" .. let your members fill their account credit to let their subscriptions work ..

​.

You can check "PayPal Vault" .. if you are in USA or UK it is possible (maybe they already add other countries) ..

PayPal Vault is used for "direct card" in IPS4 .. as a replacement for IPN subscriptions ..

If not possible with PayPal Vault then maybe a credit/debit system with "account credit" .. let your members fill their account credit to let their subscriptions work ..

What happens to current subscriptions? I got more then 50+ subscriptions. I think this is going to be pain in da butt. I should have never bought IP.Nexus. I was happy with using paypal side bar hook but then I thought to purchase it and moved all subscriptions to Nexus. Now wondering what will happen to existing ones. 

What happens to current subscriptions? I got more then 50+ subscriptions. I think this is going to be pain in da butt. I should have never bought IP.Nexus. I was happy with using paypal side bar hook but then I thought to purchase it and moved all subscriptions to Nexus. Now wondering what will happen to existing ones. 

​.

​I ended up just switching everyone to Stripe.

I'm in the same boat and just started to get the IPN failure emails from PayPal. I've raised a support ticket.

​I ended up just switching everyone to Stripe.

That's not possible in our case since we have donation based subscription and it's much required to pay the server bills. I believe any avg gaming community would be having those subscriptions if they are using Nexus. 

That's not possible in our case since we have donation based subscription and it's much required to pay the server bills. I believe any avg gaming community would be having those subscriptions if they are using Nexus. 

​that is how my servers operate. Stripe has subscription based as well, that is why it was not a big deal to move over.

​that is how my servers operate. Stripe has subscription based as well, that is why it was not a big deal to move over.

Thing is not everyone on my forums got stripe account and it doesn't make sense, to break my working donations subscriptions just because IPS removed semi-working functionality of subscriptions from Nexus. I also have PayPal merchant account so it's more convenient for me to use PayPal.

​Been using subscriptions since IP.Subscription exist and then migrated to IP.Nexus but with this stripped out functionality of add-ons, I don't feel like updating forums at all.

Archived