How do i change which elements appear in responsive mode?

Heyhoe

I would like to know where I can find the settings to control which elements of a page are displayed at certain resolutions.

For example, the categories block will show on my articles front page, but once the resolution/screen size reaches a mobile level it is no longer present. I need this to display in some form on the page so users can navigate through articles.

Thanks in advance.

Is there a way to show only selected sidebars on the responsive skin?

When I enable the sidebar is shows all of the sidebars that are present on the full skin and pushes my content wayyy down the bottom of the page.

I would like the articles homepage to just show the categories block so the user can navigate the articles but also see the content they need to see.

This is currenlty not really the behavior I would like though as it just loads the default articles view when "show all categories" is pressed.

Could you look at implementing a category drop down when the categories block is pressed?

Side note: The current category view shows all articles in a forums style view. The old articles system laid the articles out in a block layout with images etc. Will this be implemented or available on V4?

Regards,

This is correct but it's not really logical to have the categories at the bottom.

I think this view needs some work to be a viable solution on mobile. 

I will have to set the view to the standard view as most of my viewers are on mobile.

This is correct but it's not really logical to have the categories at the bottom.

​Well it’s up to you, where you put them. You could place them in the main column if they are important and you want to target mobile users. 

You can also set your page so that the main column consists of 2 or 3 columns. That might also work for your case, if the sidebar doesn’t do the trick. 

The problem is the lack of control over what shows on mobile and what shows on the desktop view. It's hard to find a setup which is desired on the desktop view which works in the mobile view.

If we could have a setting in each block, something like "show this block on mobile view" then we could create a block which is specific to the mobile view and create a category drop down or something.

Archived