Acitivity could be improved

joelle

Currently the activity feature in IPB does not show all activity. Here are some activity suggestions to implement:

- trigger activity when a user likes content
- when a user commented on any IPS app, show users comments within the activity stream
- merge status feed into activity

Having your suggested social stream with the features you are talking about would be awesome. I am not sure if it really has that broad potential since the current activity feed got implemented at a really late stage of the IPS 4 development because users were pushing for an activity stream.

Nevertheless, I think that a sophisticated activity stream would fit perfectly to the IPS community software. :)

Having your suggested social stream with the features you are talking about would be awesome. I am not sure if it really has that broad potential since the current activity feed got implemented at a really late stage of the IPS 4 development because users were pushing for an activity stream.

Nevertheless, I think that a sophisticated activity stream would fit perfectly to the IPS community software. :)

​Couldn't agree more :thumbsup:

• 3 months later...

- The users should be able to like / unlike items in the activity

- the status definitely have to be merged with the activity stream.

- trigger activity when a user likes content
- when a user commented on any IPS app, show users comments within the activity stream
- merge status feed into activity

​+100 for these :thumbsup:

I can definitely see them spinning off the activity stream into its own separate application IP.Social.  Lots of neat things they can do with a social stream.  

Please no. It should just be part of the core as it is now, as it's a core feature that connects all the Apps.

They don't need to take it out of the core to do neat things. :)

My Super News Feed app is currently in the process of being updated and is near completion. This mod served as an Activity Stream for version 3.4 and includes most of the functionality mentioned in this thread - ties in with all content (including status updates), allows for direct commenting, etc. I hope to have the v4 version released within the next week or 2.

Archived