7a before the weekend?

Flitterkill

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pages is completely unusable in my install. Only way to actually get a partially functional install is to erase all content and start from scratch.

​Pages for us hasn't been usable since the 1st pre-release, and every Beta after that has fixed one issue and created another.  Just keep plugging those bug reports through.

Please download the package again, reupload the files(no need to run the upgrader) and delete the uploads/javascript_* directories.

This will fix the javascript and editor issue

​Last night I did it 2 times - to no result.
Now repeated in all your advise  - also without result.
Upgrade from 7 to 7a is impossible.
No upgrade has many bugs.
Will not you open a working version 7 x ...?

​Last night I did it 2 times - to no result.Now repeated in all your advise  - also without result.
Upgrade from 7 to 7a is impossible.
No upgrade has many bugs.
Will not you open a working version 7 x ...?

​You missed this step: 

delete the uploads/javascript_* directories.

I've deleted the directories for you and waited till they were rebuild automatically.

The js & editor issue is fixed now on your board:)

I doubt the devs had the intention to break their own software... As it turned out, 7a wasn't that "ready" for beta testing. That can happen. I am pretty sure a new release will follow very soon, however I don't expect it to come over the weekend.

The tracker was marked fixed and there are now further reports.

​This is actually normal. :) They should re-open the ticket if there's a issue to be re-examined. bfarber has a lot of work to do back there and sometimes he could miss something, it's been done to me. I usually wait a couple of weeks then give the ticket a bump if it's been closed before and not re-opened.

Feneroin says:
Not always. For some fixed bugs, we have waited at least 2 release

;)
I say:
​And sometimes even more than 2 releases :)

​I didn't read that into anything anyone said here. Did I miss something?

​Neither did I. It is what I say based on my personal experience, because for me 7a makes it impossible to use IPS4 at all (even a fresh installation does not work). So, where do you want to link that statement to, other than to my personal experience?

​Neither did I. It is what I say based on my personal experience, because for me 7a makes it impossible to use IPS4 at all (even a fresh installation does not work). So, where do you want to link that statement to, other than to my personal experience?

​The comment was completely off topic for what's been discussed in the thread so I thought I missed something/maybe something got deleted... who knows..  thus the reasoning for me asking... Did I miss something? So I guess we can't link it to anything :)

Archived