Best way to migrate from 3.4.7 to 4.0b6

Rian

Hello guys,

I would like to test the beta on my community but not on production.

So I would like to "copy" (keep users, posts, attachment with all the same ID) the production and to "paste" it to another server. What's the best way ?

1/ Copy all files and upload them in the new server + export and import the SQL dump. Then upload beta6 files at the root and replace all ?

2/ Install a fresh version of the beta and use the converter app ? (but I think ID of my user will not be the same because i have the default user when I installed the beta)

3/ another ?

Thanks a lot,

And big thanks to IPS team which have made a great new release ;)

Hello Rian,

I suggest you the steps i mentioned here http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/406461-after-upgrade-any-clue-whats-happened/ . You need to take care that your upgrade dun touch your live site and database.

Let me know if you need some more help :D

​Thanks for your link.

I've done a copy on my live in another physical server and changed cookies and url. Then, I've uploaded by ftp the content of ips_1ddac (IPB v4b6) and then go to the index but I get an 500 error

Apache log:

[Tue Feb 03 14:03:24 2015] [error] [client a.z.e.r] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'IPS\\Db\\Exception' with message 'Table 'devipbv2.core_tasks' doesn't exist' in /var/www/system/Db/Db.php:368\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/system/Db/Select.php(312): IPS\\_Db->preparedQuery('SELECT * FROM `...', Array)\n#1 /var/www/system/Db/Select.php(366): IPS\\Db\\_Select->runQuery()\n#2 /var/www/system/Task/Task.php(110): IPS\\Db\\_Select->rewind()\n#3 /var/www/system/Dispatcher/Standard.php(260): IPS\\_Task::queued()\n#4 [internal function]: IPS\\Dispatcher\\_Standard->__destruct()\n#5 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/system/Db/Db.php on line 368
[Tue Feb 03 14:03:24 2015] [error] [client a.z.e.r] PHP Fatal error:  Uncaught exception 'IPS\\Db\\Exception' with message 'Table 'devipbv2.core_sessions' doesn't exist' in /var/www/system/Db/Db.php:368\nStack trace:\n#0 /var/www/system/Db/Db.php(626): IPS\\_Db->preparedQuery('REPLACE INTO `c...', Array)\n#1 /var/www/system/Session/Front.php(261): IPS\\_Db->replace('core_sessions', Array, true)\n#2 [internal function]: IPS\\Session\\_Front->write('joog32io9efarn5...', '')\n#3 {main}\n  thrown in /var/www/system/Db/Db.php on line 368

Visit /admin/upgrade and follow the instructions :)

​My bad !

Btw, good instructions :)

But now I get 404 error. Seems the frendly url isn't working well. When I try to my dev site, I've been redirected to http://dev.xxxx.fr/profile/183-rian/

And of course, apache say me that:

[Tue Feb 03 14:42:21 2015] [error] [client a.z.e.r] File does not exist: /var/www/profile, referer: http://dev.xxx.fr/admin/?adsess=eg08epee4c3ooae0l1d5r73ch6&app=core&module=settings&controller=advanced&tab=furl

I want to test an upgrade from 3.4.7 to 4.

Do you just upload the contents from v4 over the top of 3.4.7 an run an upgrade?

​Yes ;)

EDIT :

I deleted my cookies, so now i'm just log in the ACP. I'm redirected to /login with a 404 error. I have the .htaccess

When I disable friendly URL in Search Engine Optimization, I'm redirected to dev.xxxx.fr/?app=core&module=system&controller=login without any error. But 2 questions ?

1/ Why when I enable frendly url (without any tuning it doesn't work)

2/ Why I can't see the index ?

EDIT 2:

1/ Big noob I am ... my default debian installation put an AllowOverride None on my vhost by default ..

2/ For the redirect, when I try to go to the home page (index.php), I'm automatically redirected to my own profile (/profile/183-rian/).

I want to test an upgrade from 3.4.7 to 4.

Do you just upload the contents from v4 over the top of 3.4.7 an run an upgrade?

​I attempted to do this just now.

Got to the page where it asks to input your licences file. Tried mine with the -TESTINSTALL and just the raw licence.
Both times just loaded a new page with the same "please provide licence text" but with no box to put it in again or continue.

Any ideas?

[Edit] -- Reextraxted the install files and now it seems to be working O_o

[Edit2-] -- Installed now everything is warped.

Assuming i need to reset the cache or something but finding it really hard to navigate. Any ideas or steps on what to click on to reset this?

forumslol.PNG

• 10 months later...

Archived