3rd Party App Developers

craigf136

As we are nearing a release for V4, I and I'm sure others are eager to switch over. I have yet to make a decision on when this will be and whether or not to hold off until the 3rd party apps that I have installed are ready for V4.

So I thought why not ask them, but rather than ask in every topic related to the app in question. I thought I would post the paid for apps that I have installed and ask about timescales in one generic place, that way others could add to the list and this would help the community understand better about timescales for 3rd party apps. This will obviously give them a better understanding as to when they will be likely to switch over, so that we can all start planning now.

I'll list the 3rd party apps I have installed looking for V4 update timescales below and tag each author.

Other applications I have installed but are free.

Hooks I have installed which are free

• Member ID on Profiles - Author: @Adriano Faria
  • Random Topic - Author: @Michael Burton
  • Total Time Spent on Forums - Author: @Adriano Faria
  • New Members Message - Author: @-RAW-
  • Group Name Indicator - Author: @Michael McCune
  • Pip Popup - Author: @Lewis P

This is just some of the applications and or hooks that I have installed and active, I have others which are disabled but these are the ones I'm curious about. I appreciate that paid for apps will take precedence over the free apps/hooks and expect these to be ready further down the line. However, any information that can be supplied would be great.

If others post additional apps they purchased and want to find out when, we could collate the information here.

Group Name Indicator is not owned by Michael McCune its Adriano Faria supporting that now, as for Subscription Manager could not give ETA when come ready for 4.0.x as have number paid item like to upgrade first and that not adding the themes i need upgrade.

Without Marcher this is not a complete list :D

​I do have the content fields pack installed but not sure if that's Marcher Tech or Nuclear General (files on IPB say Nuclear General, Hook says Marcher Tech) - I'm pretty certain it's Marcher Tech's hook but not 100%.

​I do have the content fields pack installed but not sure if that's Marcher Tech or Nuclear General (files on IPB say Nuclear General, Hook says Marcher Tech) - I'm pretty certain it's Marcher Tech's hook but not 100%.

​If the name on support topic Nuclear then he one now supports that app/hook a lot devs left or unloaded items to new people.

Sorry I'm late replying.

Pip Popup is likely going to be upgraded, even though pips themselves have been all but removed in IPS4. In general, my intention is to upgrade all my hooks as the platform allows, as soon as possible after final release. I've already got some code ported over, but I'd like to get things tested on the final version of the suite before handing anything out.

Archived