Double content with Pages as default app

opentype

When I set Forums as default app it behaves as excepted: whether I type in my domain name, click the logo or the forum tab in the main menu, I always end up in the forums and the URL in the browser will show mydomain.com

This is not the case however when I set the suite to use pages as default app. Then I get two different results: The domain and the logo get me to mydomain.com and show my Pages page. When I click the menu link however, I get to mydomain.com/my-page-name​

So I have two different urls with identical content. Not so good for search engines and the users. Is there a way around this?

For my home page, I set the Page Filename to: /

It removes the ability to use the link mydomain.com/my-page-name and the navigation correctly goes to mydomain.com.
I don't believe this is the intended behavior though. If you edit the details of that page again, the slash is removed and saving it appends the Page Name to Page Filename again.

This is because the Forums is only APP without option of added modules default.

Pages is APP with two modules - Pages and Database. Each of these modules can be selected for default with APP Pages.

Maybe if the selection of default page should firmware to perceive it as a home page, but not showing it branched in navigation.

Archived