Basics of IPSConnect 4

Lokomotiv

Hi, I understand that there is no time for a complete documentation on IPSConnect for IPB4 at this time but I'm trying to integrate IPB4 with a 3rd party php application.

I'm just looking for a very basic walkthrough of the idea of IPSConnect, I'm just trying to accomplished a shared login to start with, and I'm pretty confident in that I can some what reverse engineer code if I just get pointed in the correct direction. I've started looking at applications/core/interface/ipsconnect/ipsconnect.php and wonder if I somehow can use http requests or other ways to interact with the database to login a user and keep him a user logged in on my other parts of the website that is built outside IPB just to retrieve a userID and so on.

Any help is highly appreciated!

I would also be really interested in this, it would be a terrible waste of time for me to implement IPS3 integration (which, to be fair, we do have code for. Just not implemented to work with our new game yet) with IPS4 with support for different domains just around the corner :S

Archived