Pages: Promote to Article

Adriano Faria

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well yes, that setting is in the database settings in 4.x, in the Forums tab, it can also be overridden per database category.

In 3.x, if you had that enabled and promoted a topic, it would do what I'm asking.

37 minutes ago, -FP said:

Yep, it can also be overridden per each database category.

I just tried it and it doesn't seem to be possible. To this option takes place, I need to enable the Post topic first. Doing this, when you create the new article based on a post, it will create a new topic and update the database column record_topicid with the new topic ID, and not with the original one. See:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.bfbf7b2daca16ae0b3d0c

Then you enable POST TOPIC to other options appears:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.da8a5433de5696606227d

Doing that, you already got a new topic when you promote a post to article.

So we'd have to find a way to tell the article that you create from a topic with your plugin, that it's being promoted, so instead of creating another topic after saving the promoted article, you simply add the record_topicid to the article.

That would require to modify some php files of the suite, not just some template stuff right?

Food for thought: Since the stream now shows all content, and not just topics or articles, the duplicate topic is not needed imo. Personally I will be storing all article comments in articles from 4.1 forward. This will give more activity to the article section whereas before, I also duplicated to forum because the VNC defaulted to topics. Just in case this helps make your decision, the app as-is may suit your needs in just promoting the single post to an article.

The old way you'll see 2 entries in the stream.

Does this have the choice of copy or move, like in 3.4?
Copy Post
Move Post
Do not leave a link to the article

Can we select the database? (This was missing in 3.4)

26 minutes ago, -FP said:

So we'd have to find a way to tell the article that you create from a topic with your plugin, that it's being promoted, so instead of creating another topic after saving the promoted article, you simply add the record_topicid to the article.

This is done and working.

I will do another edit then I'll update the file today later or tomorrow in the morning.

Price goes to $10.

Archived