ip.pages and things i miss

Ali Majrashi

i think now most admin will use ip.pages with the powers and simplicity that comes with it

but i think admins want more field options or creative ones to ease the task when we create awesome databases and pages with it out of the box 

1- one field i need when i use ip.pages is grouped fields 

can we have the ability to group some fields and add a name for it and display them side by side in the edit or display template 

something like the polls Choices (so we can generate something like this easily) 

fields.thumb.jpg.136fc96621334c8da033022

after we group them admin can config how they behave like flag the group as duplicable and button will be showing to duplicate the field like the add more choice for polls or filterable 

add_more.thumb.jpg.cd5b804e1175e31badf33

so we can generate fields like this easily with ability to duplicate or remove field in front end for our users to submit 

duplicate.thumb.jpg.e1e32f71acb275b27dc4

for this i have db with 145 fields with this option i can achieve the same thing with at least 20 fields 

2- another thing i miss when using ip.content is the limit on field filters we have i hope with ip.pages we can use filters on all field type(text,dates,number,relationship,etc)
    allow advance users to add custom filters easily to any field

3- can we have time field yes i know we can adjust the date field to achieve it but at least add time picker rather than showing full date picker for the field 

4- improve relationship field and add the ability to link by DB record_id or any row id 

5- add the ability to update db with newer version i work in my localhost after that i export the db and import it in my live site i love this but  if i updated my work in my localhost can we have the option or the ability to update our db from newer exported file that would be awesome 

6- add linked dropdown one option in dropdown can trigger or show another dropdown 

7- tags fields either based on exiting DB field or the central tags system i love how the menu showing to add tag into the text box 

8- i love you IPS team 

for ip.pages lover and users if you have any suggestion or the things you miss or think it will make your life easier share it with us 

While there is no grouping option directly, in 4.0 you can now easily define a form template for the database and group your fields how you like them. 

​yes i can do that but duplicating fields smartly and storing them efficiently in the DB as one or grouped fields is what really missing 

out of the box imagine that you can create such fields and use them without editing your templates that open alot of possibility in usability for ip.pages users 

so you can create polls like fields for your DB or even more repeated fields will be removed and improved in cool and efficient way 

out of the box imagine that you can create such fields and use them without editing your templates that open alot of possibility in usability for ip.pages users 

​I know, I know. I have written several of such feature requests before. Regarding grouping or form steps/pages, regarding conditional fields (e.g. pick a car maker and then the car models of only that maker) and regarding such range fields, where you set one field and allow the user a specific or unlimited range of items for that field. 

​I know, I know. I have written several of such feature requests before. Regarding grouping or form steps/pages, regarding conditional fields (e.g. pick a car maker and then the car models of only that maker) and regarding such range fields, where you set one field and allow the user a specific or unlimited range of items for that field. 

​would love this field type conditional fields :wub:

Archived