Custom profiles issue, no check a drop down option was selected

Christophe

So I created a custom field select box called Country of Origin for people to fill in when they register

I added a couple of countries but realized there is no way to make sure people have selected a country

If for example the first option is blank or says Select Your Country then when they submit their registration the registration will automatically pick the first option

There needs to be a BLANK option that forces a choice in a drop down otherwise many of those custom fields are going to be automatically filled with the first option

Unless I missed the proper way to do this...

So I created a custom field select box called Country of Origin for people to fill in when they register

I added a couple of countries but realized there is no way to make sure people have selected a country

If for example the first option is blank or says Select Your Country then when they submit their registration the registration will automatically pick the first option

There needs to be a BLANK option that forces a choice in a drop down otherwise many of those custom fields are going to be automatically filled with the first option

Unless I missed the proper way to do this...

​I don't think it's an issue with your custom field. It's the field type. This is happening on IPS4, in a list fields. You can see on tracker:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.d7628073290177ffaf591

Also happens on my app:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.909cae1b7e6a0e1fe5c57

The first value always comes selected.

Archived