Invision Community
Lindy

Welcome to general chat!

Welcome to the new general chat forum! Feel free to create your own topics and discuss current events, what you're listening to and nearly everything in between. We only ask that you remember that this is a corporate community and conversations should be civil and "G rated." 

Enjoy! :)

Welcome to the new general chat forum! Feel free to create your own topics and discuss current events, what you're listening to and nearly everything in between. We only ask that you remember that this is a corporate community and conversations should be civil and "G rated." 

Enjoy! :)

​did you changed your avatar? it seems happier today :D

So I always thought it was a little strange that IPS didn't offer it's own general chit chat.  

I could understand, from one perspective, of how these forums were for company use and needed to be strictly professional.  The forums were meant for a very specific reason of customer-to-customer support or suggestions and feedback.  

That's a very narrow point of view, however, and a very strict usage of the board.  IPS itself may only use these forums in a professional and corporate manner, but I think in doing so it misses the wider 'spirit' of forums: of discussion amongst a large and noisy and raucous group of people, of an online meeting place to talk about both important topics and totally off-topic ideas as well, of a place where anyone can and will say something, of a destination for knowledge seekers, social butterflies, social introverts, admins, mods, trolls, and lurkers, and most importantly, of a wondrous tool to build kindred connections between complete strangers because they found a similar interest in dinos

While IPS probably manages other boards, it behooves one of the most respected developers of forums to fully embrace the idea of forums on its own forums, so that it can remind itself firsthand every single day how its products can better serve a thriving and wondrous community of people who arrive as clients but who stay as friends.  (Dino friends, that is.)

18606160Ftf.thumb.jpg.09eac95fececeaa6a6

(It could also mean "I'm going to eat you" in dino-speak, which you could totally translate right now using IPS 4's Quick Translating!)

(So basically, Lindy is treading on the line of insanity?)

Either that or the medication is working... or both! ​

There used to be a general discussion forum a long time ago. Why was it deleted in the first place?

​Good to see you again! The previous "general chat" forum was frankly a distraction and was predominantly used as a means to obtain free support. I had a feeling the client base and the community on the whole had long matured since then so we thought we would try it again. I'm really happy with how it's going so far and it's nice to add a bit of an informal touch to the community. I feel we moved into a very "state your purpose and go" direction and that's certainly not, as a community solution provider, the message we want to send. :)

Enjoy.

Either that or the medication is working... or both! ​

​Good to see you again! The previous "general chat" forum was frankly a distraction and was predominantly used as a means to obtain free support. I had a feeling the client base and the community on the whole had long matured since then so we thought we would try it again. I'm really happy with how it's going so far and it's nice to add a bit of an informal touch to the community. I feel we moved into a very "state your purpose and go" direction and that's certainly not, as a community solution provider, the message we want to send. :)

Enjoy.

​It is hard to have in the least bit any kind of forum while having a company. However, IPS seems to pull it off nicely. :)

It is nice to have a place to chat about other things other IPB.