Question for devs re: widget permissions

Flitterkill

Is there a place (or any way at all) to lock down permissions on who has access to the widget configuration/placement flyout tab. You know, the drag and drop thing for sidebar blocks?

I'm missing something somewhere right? It's not just available to all administrators right? Actually, do we have any ACP controls besides administrators = all access?

Actually meant this:

Captsdfsdfure.thumb.PNG.8414c9024ec2651c

Having people who have permission to deal with some stuff in the ACP is fine but I can see some people going nuts with block manager not realizing they are changing it for everyone.

We don't have ACP granular permissions do we? It's all or nothing right now I think.

Are you talking about who can view the block ? If so, there's no permisison in any official widget till now. I will use on my app:

Capturar.thumb.PNG.8a3ca40257feb735f2331

​I think he means is there an ACP restriction for the front-end widget panel so that way not every admin has access to just modify pages/widgets on the fly.

Thanks! So it's under staff section. Ok, I can see why I missed that. And I see there is also some granularity for administrators as well. Still, suppose I had a situation where there are some people I want to have access to the ACP. Some to handle the Commerce section. maybe a person or two to wrangle just forums. That's not rolled out for 4.0 yet is it? Admin is all ACP or nothing?

Archived