Pages upgrade

NoGi

If you utilized CSS classes in 3.x to lay out your page, then yes you would need to change those CSS classes to the 4.0 equivalents.  Unfortunately, with entirely custom content (like custom pages in IP.Content) it is a sad reality you will need to update much of the content.  Basic databases should work properly with few changes, although custom database templates may not be retained or look right.

I thinks Pages as it now seems to be called is a step back from what it was if I am being honest. Many including myself bought it to use as a front end to display site articles and I especially liked the fact it came with several article templates such as the 1x3x3 one. Sadly they seem to be removed in the latest incarnation which means I now have to rebuild that page from scratch to make it all work. 

I have also had issues with blocks not appearing on the pages and errors being thrown up all the time. I really do hope that it improves a lot before it goes final.

If you utilized CSS classes in 3.x to lay out your page, then yes you would need to change those CSS classes to the 4.0 equivalents.  Unfortunately, with entirely custom content (like custom pages in IP.Content) it is a sad reality you will need to update much of the content.  Basic databases should work properly with few changes, although custom database templates may not be retained or look right.

​No, out of the box stuff.

Can you clarify what you mean out of the box stuff?  The nature of IP.Content is that *you* create the pages and the databases and so on.

​Sorry, I meant I created them using out of the box tools and didn't put any custom code into them. 

Archived