License key is already in use (again)

MMXII

I am playing around with IPS4 in order to try the software. The last beta I actively used for testing purposes was Beta 2. Now I thought I will give Beta 5 another try, but – again – I get the "This license key is already in use" error message at the beginning of the installation. I always had (and still have) problems with this. :(

What installations do I have active? Currently I wanted to set up a localhost installation. I thought those do not count anyway. But even if they count: I don't have another localhost installation being active for about 2 months, a "live" test installation and all files related to it were removed at about the same time. So where is my license key being used? I really have no idea.

I had this problem but with "-TESTINSTALL" it's a little better. Indeed, just after I get "An unknown error occurred" (step "Server Details").

I really don't understand, all "PHP Requirements" are ok, the key is in conf_global.php, chown and chmod look corrects, utf8 bin, etc.

However, the database has little importance for now since I can not get to the stage where the system requires the MySQL information :D

Hello Stuart,

thanks for your reply. Yes, I did add "-TESTINSTALL" after the key. I always did. Until now I have tried it about 5 times again every day. I also re-downloaded the installation file, created a new database etc. For some magical reason yesterday it worked and I am now able to play around with Beta 5 (or 5a that is by now). I will give a non-localhost installation a try during the next couple of days. Please bear with me, if I post again in this topic in case I will have similar issues.

Hello NightAngel,

(luckily?) I cannot confirm this. Once the installation did work (I got past the license key request), I have had no issues with both the further installation or IPS4 itself. I hope you did find a solution for your problem by now, because I have to admit that even just playing around with IPS4 feels pretty good. :) I am really looking forward to what the software has to offer, especially now that it gets closer to release.

Archived