Those who upgraded from 3.4...Any tips?

Izaya Orihara

Any special tips/tricks I should know about?

I am going to finally dive in(Maybe tonight) and I want to make sure I make it as smooth an upgrade as possible. I do know I probably should disable all my hooks and apps, correct and revert back to the default IPB theme?

​Just make sure you checked see your server ready for IPS 4.0.x the next would be backup both MySQL and your forum files, then remember if move over to 4.0.x currently no support as we in beta. 

You find that no need change any current settings like removing apps, hooks etc because there different system now so will not effect your upgrade part from that good luck any big issue post here i sure have people helping you.

I am going to finally dive in(Maybe tonight) and I want to make sure I make it as smooth an upgrade as possible. I do know I probably should disable all my hooks and apps, correct and revert back to the default IPB theme?

​I never disabled any hooks or applications on the previous 2 betas and the upgrade on the test site went extremely smooth. The only issue surrounding ip.content and custom fields.

​Why would you upgrade so prematurely?  

You can always download a separate demo board to play around with it.  

Archived