Product SKU/Per-Product Custom Fields

Tommm

Trying out the beta of Commerce the app still is missing a vital, and basic, field for products: an SKU or product code. I can't believe you can miss this out of a 'Commerce' module. How custom fields are handled is also a nightmare.

For example I have two pairs of shoes; One pair in sizes 8, 9 and 10 and in colours blue and green. The other pair are in sizes 7, 8 and 9 and in colours grey and white. I have to add 4 different custom fields just for these two products. If you have another pair of shoes that have blue, grey and white colours, that's another field I need to add! It would be a LOT more productive to have per-product custom fields - a lot of commerce platforms allow you to do this.

My current Nexus store has a $200k turnover and is heavily customised to avoid the custom profile headache. Hope you can solve this! I really don't want to migrate. :sad:

Exactly opentype, that's what I was thinking of! The only field missing there is stock, which would allow you to track stock availability of the options. It wouldn't be that difficult to extend the custom fields functionality already in Commerce to do this.

Archived