Real name mod, help fixing PM and ignoring users

NilsFMH

Hi,
Sorry for the long post, I really need your help. I have the need to support real names on a forum that I am creating using version 4.0.0. To enable this, I edited the file "ajax.php" in "ipb\applications\core\modules\front\system". The function "usernameExists" was edited by commenting out row 83-90:

if ( \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->isAdmin() )
{
    $result = array( 'result' => 'fail', 'message' => \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('member_name_exists_admin', FALSE, array( 'sprintf' => array( $k ) ) ) );
}
else
{
    $result = array( 'result' => 'fail', 'message' => \IPS\Member::loggedIn()->language()->addToStack('member_name_exists') );
}

"Text.php" in "ipb\system\Helpers\Form", function "validate", row 245-252 was also commented out (the same code as above).

This allows members to register the same name several times.

This works great apart from two things, users cannot select the correct users when sending messages and ignoring users when there is two users with the same name. The oldest user (the one who registered first) is always selected. I can live with ignoring users not working properly but not messaging. However, I think it will be the same solution to them both.

When typing a username that there are two of, they both appear in the dropdown menu which is great. I need help to change the function so it fetches the user id (and displays name) instead of selecting on username when selecting a user in this list. The same goes for the ignore function. The same issue also applies when pressing “Message” button in the user profile, user id should be fetched and username displayed in the message.

I cannot begin to express the gratitude I would have for the person helping me to solve this. If you need me to clarify please tell me and I will.
Thank you in advance!

I have now spent countless hours trying to fix this with no luck. I have found code and edited php, java etc. that has effect but I am not a good enough programmer to create a new process in such a complicated solution. Any help would be much appreciated!

I have looked at facebook and they force a select in the drop down menu when typing name. I guess they fetch the user id of this selection and then apply this. Is there anyone who know a way of doing this in ipb 4 or has a guess or something?

Thank you!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived