IPS 4 is not something I would want

rebecah

I don't know why you are changing the format of IPS.  Have other users said they actually like this layout?  I totally hate the new downloads area.  It seems you took a nice layout and made a huge mess of it.

I sincerely hope you will reconsider, or at least keep up the updates for the 3.4 version.

Have other users said they actually like this layout? 

​I do, I absolutely love the new layout and style as well as the drag and drop mechanics

I am commenting about the whole suite and NOT about the download area, if you are commenting only about the new download area then I have no opinion since I haven t used it yet

New layout overall I like. Downloads I can understand the complaints. I hate the gallery, I absolutely wish they'd try to make things more like a gallery and less like forums there. I also am anxiously awaiting what Chat will look like as that is another neglected app.

Yes, overall I quite like the new layout. The software is still beta, it still has issues that need worked out, but it's otherwise a big improvement. But I don't think it's constructive to create an entire thread just to say "I don't like IPS4." Saying "I hope you reconsider because I don't like it" is not constructive feedback.

I don't know why you are changing the format of IPS.

You're essentially asking why updates involve updates. It's software modernization.

the IPS creator has removed and he moved the Category listing to the opposite side which replaces the info that people really loved.  Why on earth would you do that?

​Sorry, but what? I have no idea what you're trying to say here. You don't like that they moved the sidebar to the right? You can easily change that yourself.

Nobody likes changes at first but you'll get used to it eventually. I'm sure IPB2 people dislike IPB3 when it first came out. 

​Speak for yourself, but maybe that's because I'm a programmer and not an average end user.

I honestly love everything about v4.  There are several developers who are upgrading their templates to v4 so just purchase one of those.  They'll probably have the same feel as 3.4.x

at least Gallery are not touched at all. hahahah the only app that are never changed :P 

​I totally agree with the above statement.  I won't be purchasing Gallery anymore for new or updated licenses.  $65 for the app that just does images?  Really?  I'll pass on Gallery until some other embedded media is added or something to make it worth $65.

What a lot of people are saying throughout this topic is the word "new". I love the new design / layout, its simple, effective, and quite professional in my opinion. IPB 3.x kept the same format and design throughout its time, with several tweaks and what not, the layout and design pretty much stayed the same throughout the 3.x releases.

To put this into prospective, IPB 3.0.0 RC1 was released in mid 2009, we're now entering 2015, You cannot expect everything to stay the same. The company has grown tremendously. Talent has changed, and gotten better, same with what people want, and what's "in" at the moment.

You can't fault IPS for changing something that's almost six years old. You're used to it, you've probably started using IPB in the 3.x era, which is completely understandable, but for the people that don't like this design, or the changes that have been made, go look at past versions from years ago, IPB 2.x, etc. See how the company, and their software has adapted over time.

I applaud what IPS has done, and will continue to do with their software, the look of it, and the functionality of it.

I love IPB 4.0, sadly my host can't handle it so I'm kinda forced to sell my license since I have no use for it. :(

​You should get a better host then, that's not a problem with IP.Board. IPS4 has reasonable requirements, your host needs to update their server software.

​You should get a better host then, that's not a problem with IP.Board. IPS4 has reasonable requirements, your host needs to update their server software.

​The host is fine apparently cuz others host IPB with them but for some reason it doesn't work properly for me. The javascript got wonky and i couldn't open the blocks menu or anything......it happened out of nowhere and i didn't install anything 3rd party, was completely vanilla :/ go figure.

Oh and I met all the requirements......

​That sucks, tried to PM you about it but the message system appears to be down due to errors.

I'll try PMing you. :)

That.. sounds like a simple template issue..

Have you even tried submitting a support ticket..? This is off-topic anyways, but feel free to also create a support topic if you actually have an interest in debugging the issue.

Edit: You didn't actually upgrade your production forum to IPB 4.0 did you? If you did, you'll probably have to create a support topic, IPS won't be able to help you with IPB 4.0 related issues. As clearly stated IPB 4.0 is in beta and it's not supported, technical glitches are expected in the beta, which is why you're warned repeatedly not to upgrade your production forum to IPB 4.0 yet. Nonetheless, if you did upgrade and you're stuck with a broken forum setup, I'll be happy to try and help you if you're willing to take the time to debug the issue.

So, you're selling your license because a beta version of IPS 4.0 didn't work properly out of the box on a test installation of yours..?

That's a highly irrational reaction, I hope there's more to it than that.

As repeatedly stated, IPB 4.0 is in BETA, which means there will almost certainly be technical issues with the software. Beta software is for testing. It's not production ready. You should not have these issues when IPB 4.0 is production ready. There's absolutely no logical reason for you to sell your license here. But hey, it's your decision and it's not really of my concern.

So, you're selling your license because a beta version of IPS 4.0 didn't work properly out of the box on a test installation of yours..?

That's a highly irrational reaction, I hope there's more to it than that.

As repeatedly stated, IPB 4.0 is in BETA, which means there will almost certainly be technical issues with the software. Beta software is for testing. It's not production ready. You should not have these issues when IPB 4.0 is production ready. There's absolutely no logical reason for you to sell your license here. But hey, it's your decision and it's not really of my concern.

​Dude, I know it's a BETA, stop shoving that in my face, I CAN read you know, and that's not why i'm selling it. I'm selling it because I'm not using it. If you looked at my signature, my forums are powered by Xenforo. I had issues running IPB 3.x on my site too, even a clean, vanilla install, so I moved to XF, i'm selling the license because I have no use for it. 

​Dude, I know it's a BETA, stop shoving that in my face, I CAN read you know, and that's not why i'm selling it. I'm selling it because I'm not using it. If you looked at my signature, my forums are powered by Xenforo. I had issues running IPB 3.x on my site too, even a clean, vanilla install, so I moved to XF, i'm selling the license because I have no use for it. 

​Now, you're just asking to get pounced on. 

Archived