Invision Community
chrisjeffery93

Some Pre-Sales Questions

Good evening.

I am interested in signing up for the hosted version of IP.Suite. Its perfect for my community - we currently use WordPress, WooCommerce and MyBB and therefore nothing is linked together. I am really looking forward to uniting my community and therefore making our website much easier for them to use. But I have a few pre-sales questions first of all. Thank you in advance for your help.

1. Can I transfer my content?

As I have already mentioned, we are currently running our website using WordPress and MyBB. I would like to transfer all the users, posts, threads, messages, forums, user groups etc across from MyBB, and just the pages and articles across from WordPress. Is this possible?

2. What about my email?

Other than the aforementioned WordPress and MyBB installations there's nothing else on our current hosting so I'm not concerned about losing anything there, but I am worried about my email. We use a number of email inboxes at the moment so we can have @yrea.org.uk email addresses and then pick up the mail from these with GMail. Is there a way I can continue to do this when my domain points to your servers?

3. Does the homepage have to be the forums?

In our current setup, when you visit www.yrea.org.uk you are taken to our pages first of all and not the forum. I haven't seen IP.Suite setup in this way, is it possible? We also currently have our forum on a subdomain, can this be done with IPS too?

Thank you so much in advance for answering my questions, I am looking forward to hopefully becoming a customer very soon :)

1. Absolutely. IPS can transfer your contenmt for you and convert your current forum software over to the IPS forum suite.

3. The homepage does not have to be the forums. You can set it up so that IP,.Content or some other website managing software defaults to yoour content portal instead of the forums. The forum software comes with a content management system called IP.Content that can serve as your homepage. With IPS' full raneg of products, everything is integrated into the core software of IPB.

1. Absolutely. IPS can transfer your contenmt for you and convert your current forum software over to the IPS forum suite.

3. The homepage does not have to be the forums. You can set it up so that IP,.Content or some other website managing software defaults to yoour content portal instead of the forums. The forum software comes with a content management system called IP.Content that can serve as your homepage. With IPS' full raneg of products, everything is integrated into the core software of IPB.

Thanks for your answers to those two, very helpful :) Hopefully someone else can help me with number 2 :)

2. What about my email?

Other than the aforementioned WordPress and MyBB installations there's nothing else on our current hosting so I'm not concerned about losing anything there, but I am worried about my email. We use a number of email inboxes at the moment so we can have @yrea.org.uk email addresses and then pick up the mail from these with GMail. Is there a way I can continue to do this when my domain points to your servers?

Yes, you can use gmail/Google Apps for Business. I have a grandfathered Google Apps for Business account (free, for life 50 max users). I have always used this with my website here. It does not matter if you use self hosted, or IPS hosted solutions.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.