I own 3 (three) lifetime licences, Please explain?

media

My personal take on this is that as of version 4 there is no "board" as such so IPS has honoured these legacy licences all this time while the product existed as such.

The only other 'work around' I can think of is to simply offer a 'do not upgrade' option to these holders, and give them the last 3.x version until it expires or forever ie a permanent download of it.

Andy

Listen you are a smart guy and very helpful with your knowledge, but please you and everyone else stop talking like this license is some kind of monster created in the lab that is uncontrollable or repairable.

All IPB has to do is set our accounts to have the same download privileges as we did before, charge us what we paid per year, and be done with it, but no they want to discard us like we are nothing, that is part of what has everyone up in arms along with this crap that our licenses are such black sheep they cannot do anything with it.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am and I'm defending it. This is my old MP/Staff acc. not my 'life' one.

I said it's annoying when people who are NOT affected by it keep defending it. You *are* affected by it? Good for you. You are entitled to defend or denounce it as you wish.

Considering your IPS connections though, I wouldn't expect you to be on the other side of the fence - easy bedfellows and all that wink.png

I said it's annoying when people who are NOT affected by it keep defending it. You *are* affected by it? Good for you. You are entitled to defend or denounce it as you wish.

Considering your IPS connections though, I wouldn't expect you to be on the other side of the fence - easy bedfellows and all that wink.png

Perhaps my comments may not seem impartial ( but I can assure you they are smile.png ) so I'll just bow out of this topic, for everyone's interests.

It is easy to understand. IPS need money and they must blow upp someone ... for now are owners of lifetime licenses - how??

Before was invision power board (product) - today is new product - "core" package and when you buy new product - you will get only invision board ... what i can said ...same "faeces" but in new package.

Choose is easy ... pay more or move....

regards

bosss

It is easy to understand. IPS need money and they must blow upp someone ... for now are owners of lifetime licenses - how??

Before was invision power board (product) - today is new product - "core" package and when you buy new product - you will get only invision board ... what i can said ...same "shit" but in new package.

Choose is easy ... pay more or move....

regards

bosss

I'm sorry you feel this way, however it's pretty clear some people are not understanding this is a whole new product, that has been written here from the ground up, IPS4 is not IP.Board, it's not even close to the same product. The lifetime license was for ip.board, and that is still valid, you can run it forever as the license stated. You can even upgrade to the latest versions of ip.board forever, just as the license was purchased.

As with all software and the internet itself you can't expect it to stay the same forever, it will evolve over time, weather this is 5 years, 10, or even 20, things will change and IPS has created a new software suite, the old license for ip.board does not entitle a lifetime license holder to any and all future software IPS produces, just as it didn't allow access to the IPS Spam service, the visual skin editor etc.

Life time holders have two choices currently, they can continue to run ip.board as they purchased it, be happy and carry on with your community, or you can take our offer of a free upgrade plus an account credit, the choice is yours to make.

If our options we have provided are not enough for you and you are still unhappy, then you have a third choice also, that is to move on to something else, while we do value your business and would like everyone to always remain at IPS, we do understand that over time things do change, people change, software changes, the internet changes, only you know what is best for you and your community and we do respect any decision you make.

If anyone has any questions on their license or would like to discuss your personal needs for your community and clarify any options, please start a support ticket in customer service, we would be glad to review your account and clarify any options available to you.

Thank you

Archived