i would like to see networking of forums between IPB sites

Donald Meek

In theory the data could be transferred from board to board, post to post, but I almost feel like that would be more of a headache than it would be efficient.

It's possible, but as far as I would guess, not with your typical IPS Suite Functions; you'd have to have a better chunk (if not all) of it custom developed.

with the old bbs remember them? they had forum sharing via like email or something i forget.. but they shared forums and emails etc.

it was networking at its finest. it seems like that would be a awesome idea to have a forum or two from a other site to network with

those were all flat file though iirc, have not seen any database driven ones.

what happens when one or more servers goes down, will the originating site freeze during posting?

would think they would all need to use ips connect too for member tables, what forum owners could do is just run categories with rss imports/exports to do this.

would show poster as whatever was used for rss poster but is easy to do and simple.

could be cool though to see owners working together like that.

I have an interest in this as we have a network of four car sites that are similar but slightly different based on their niche.

The only times I have found it a little frustrating running them all separately is when information carries over from one to the other and it would be great to be able to link to a topic on one of our other sites without users having to register/log on etc. to view it, and when having to duplicate all the info for IP Nexus for the same person for each site when needed.

I appreciate though that it is more or less impossible to do what would be ideal for us, especially when the circumstances that these things crop up is pretty rare

Archived