We are closed Thursday 23rd November and Friday 24th November. Support is still available via your client center but response times may be delayed.
Invision Community
Sign in to follow this  
The Artful Dodger

Zetaboards Conversion

Hey everyone, our community is presently Zetaboards and is 6+ years old but we're tired of ZB right now and very frustrated with much of the software, even more with their staff. ZB are not willing to part with the database for any price (essentially trying to shackle us to them) but I've read there are ways around it with "crawler" software, something I know zilch about. Has anybody successfully managed this and then brought their community to Invision Power? I also read that if ZB catch you they ban your IP from their servers so am sort of reluctant to try it on that basis :/ just looking for any advice from anybody who might have any info, or even better anyone whos successfully made the move :)

Hello,

As you've noted currently they (Zetaboards) do not provide a database backup unfortunately. An InvisionFree based board they do and these can be easily converted (a couple of queries) and then upgraded as if they were standard 1.3 installations. This generally presents no problem in 99% of cases.

Regarding your situation, I'm unaware of a crawler converter unfortunately. There was one for phpbb but I see its been removed as this (although a "around the houses" method) would of worked as you could of simply gone Zetaboards > phpbb (no need to actually install it just the crawler to populate it) > IP.Board without too much difficultly I expect. :)

Thanks for your reply Andy, I have found a ZB to phpBB converter..just not technically sound to understand much of it haha not sure if I'm allowed to post a link?

I'd probably suspect not but I'm not sure to be honest. :) It may be best to await an answer from a member of Management/Staff for that particular question.

Hello,

If you're not sure how to use it, it may be worth asking a third party developer (see Projects in the header on here) for assistance. Its also worth checking that you're not going to be violating any ZB's terms by using a crawler converter too.

It's not from phpBB, perse, as in official: https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=1761395

that one is coded in python since it has .py file extension so i doubt that it really does copy data from db it would mostlikely kinda use cache to clone category title, section title and so on but cannot convert members and posts since to convert those you need mysql database access which zetaboard does not provide, and that has been stated in a topic at zetaboard where some one asked for conversion script from zetaboard to IPB or so and the zetaboard said that they dont provide any database access or downloads at the moment so it will be impossible to convert the data from zetaboard to any other forum software right now.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this