Suggestion IP.Nexus: Add support for set expiry date on subscription.

EricGagne

We sell memberships that expire on december 31 of the year they are purchased. IP.Nexus subscriptions currently can only be created for a time period, not with a set expiration date.

I think the following options should be added to subscriptions.

Set Date (mm-dd-yyyy): The subscription would expire on this date unless renewed by the subscriber.
Recurrent Date (mm-dd): The subscription would expire on this date each year. This would prevent us from having to edit the subscription each year.

Pro Rating: Though we don't currently do it, ideally there would be an option to prorate the price of the subscription with the possibility to prorate only if the customer buys for an extra year.

Examples on a $120 annual subscription bought today.

Not Prorated: I pay $120

Pro Ration Waved: I pay $60 but only if I buy my 2015 renewal at the same time

Pro-Rated Always: I pay $60 no matter what.

• 2 weeks later...
Setting the expiration is easily done with a custom action.
If the 2015 packages is a different package, you can add a discount to the package when purchased together.
Here's a custom action I wrote that gives you a basic idea of what you can do with expiration dates and renewals...

We sell memberships that expire on december 31 of the year they are purchased. IP.Nexus subscriptions currently can only be created for a time period, not with a set expiration date.

I think the following options should be added to subscriptions.

Set Date (mm-dd-yyyy): The subscription would expire on this date unless renewed by the subscriber.
Recurrent Date (mm-dd): The subscription would expire on this date each year. This would prevent us from having to edit the subscription each year.

Pro Rating: Though we don't currently do it, ideally there would be an option to prorate the price of the subscription with the possibility to prorate only if the customer buys for an extra year.

Examples on a $120 annual subscription bought today.

Not Prorated: I pay $120

Pro Ration Waved: I pay $60 but only if I buy my 2015 renewal at the same time

Pro-Rated Always: I pay $60 no matter what.

Im looking for the exact same thing.. "The Nexus No Renewals" is not just what I need, as I need to specify at what specific date the subscription should expire. Optionally it could be renewed by the customer.
I know nothing about php, anyone? :p

Im looking for the exact same thing.. "The Nexus No Renewals" is not just what I need, as I need to specify at what specific date the subscription should expire. Optionally it could be renewed by the customer.
I know nothing about php, anyone? :p

Like I said I my post, that custom action gives you an idea about what you can do with a custom action. Does the premade No Renewals do exactly this, no. But it's set up such that very little modification needs to be made to it to simply change the expiration date of the package.

The No renewals mod is also set up so that the package can't be renewed by the member. So when it expires, it's done. That can be changed easily also.
PM me with the specs of what you want and I can write it for you.

I've got a few things ahead of this, though. So it'd be a week or so before I can get to it.

An option to expire a package without being forced to make it renewable at any time is needed by default in an application like Nexus. I understand that with custom actions you can do it but custom actions are for "advanced stuff", a need to expire a package after a define time from purchasing it is a BASIC need for any ecommerce software.

• 4 months later...

Like I said I my post, that custom action gives you an idea about what you can do with a custom action. Does the premade No Renewals do exactly this, no. But it's set up such that very little modification needs to be made to it to simply change the expiration date of the package.

The No renewals mod is also set up so that the package can't be renewed by the member. So when it expires, it's done. That can be changed easily also.

PM me with the specs of what you want and I can write it for you.

I've got a few things ahead of this, though. So it'd be a week or so before I can get to it.

​Hi Aiwa, seems like I never got the notification of your reply. :/

However, the custom action you where referring to... I can't see it.. Am I blind? :)

-Chris

• 2 weeks later...

Archived