Dispersion // ipsfocus.com

Dispersion // ipsfocus.com

View File

Dispersion by ipsfocus 

promo.thumb.jpg.6daa31c48571e0361dcba149

Dispersion features an animated gradient background image which is randomized on each page load and overlaid by an image of your choice. The gradient is both created and animated (in compatible browsers) using css and your visitors are given the option of using a greyscale background by clicking a simple toggle button. The header collapses on-scroll, and stays at the top of the screen for easy access.

Skin features

screenshotSettings.jpg.5a440fe181789a6bb

Theme Settings
Easily enable, disable or modify theme features such as background images, logos, social media links, guest messages and colors. This makes modifications and upgrades very simple since little code changes are required.

screenshot3.jpg.b236f3d49e039f6427f7bcf6

Sticky, shrinking header
The header shrinks in size and sticks to the top of the page for easy access to user controls and the board index.

screenshot4.jpg.9a2dbf7d73d0286b9509feda

Animated gradient background
An animated gradient scrolls horizontally beneath your background image (which is a simple black & white jpg image reduced in opacity).

screenshot7.jpg.afe33af13c3d03bdc6f74efe

Randomized gradient
The position of the gradient background is randomized on each page load.

screenshot8.jpg.aaafe01a32ef4e8846046373

Greyscale background
Members can choose to use a greyscale background instead of the rainbow effect by clicking a simple toggle button. Their choice is saved via cookies and remembered for their return visit.

screenshot5.jpg.6491f7bf156eac2436852f86

Background picker
If enabled, your members can choose their own background image from a predefined selection and their choice is saved via cookies.

screenshotGuest.jpg.cb3d2f8158c5f9090ed3

Guest message
A customizable message can be shown to guests, prompting them to either register or login to your forum. Two designs, "billboard" and "alert" (shown) are available.

screenshotSocial.jpg.628c09023eeb31b57cd

Social links
Social links can be enabled/disabled and customized to your own URL, allowing you to easily link to your social network pages (facebook, twitter, etc)

screenshot2.jpg.4020e97d914d88a50b8f9bb4

HTML logo with slogan
Easily add/edit your text logo and slogan from within the theme settings. If required, the text can be replaced by an image instead.

screenshot1.jpg.38384fb93320e6d9c1dd36e8

Mega Footer
A mega footer with configurable column numbers and content can be enabled and customized all within the theme settings.

More information and full feature list

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 5 years later...
On 9/23/2020 at 2:53 AM, OlympusRyan said:

Hello!

When will this be updated for the new Invision?
Thanks!

Hello,

I'm currently in the process of upgrading all of my themes to 4.5. Disperson is on the todo list, however I unfortunately don't have an accurate ETA just yet.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
9 hours ago, OlympusRyan said:

Hello!

Seems after I updated the theme for 4.7.1 it has actually messed up the search bar as well as some other plugins that go along with it. Website is practically not functioning with this new update under this theme. Any ideas for a fix?

Hi there,

This issue is likely happening only if themes were initially installed on 4.4, and have been upgraded since then using the "Upload new version" feature. This feature is usually the correct way to upgrade a theme, however all of my themes were recoded from scratch for Invision Community 4.5, which technically meant that a fresh theme install was required.

Using the "Upload new version" feature for the 4.4 > 4.5 update meant that some old code from 4.4 was retained in the theme, even after being upgraded to 4.5. This is now causing the issue in 4.7.

To fix this, you can either install a fresh version of the theme, or you can revert the quickSearch template file.

To revert the file, open your Admin Panel and visit the Customisation > Themes area. Click the "Edit HTML and CSS" button next to your theme. If you're using the Simple theme editor, click the "Use advanced theme editing" button. Browse to core > front > global > quickSearch. Click the Revert button at the top right of the editor.

I hope that helps!