Mass replacement of word strings

Quillz

Unless I can't find it, I'm kind of surprised there is no way to be able to select all instances of a word or word string, and then replace it with something else in one easy step.

For example, in vBulletin, I can search for all textual instances of "e-mail" and then, in one step, change them all to "email" or anything else I want. I cannot seem to do this in IPB at the moment and think such a feature would be useful.

In ACP goto: Look & Feel -> Manage Languages and from there choose your language you want to edit and there you will have search what you can use for this :)

Would have uploaded screenie for you of it, but for some reason i can't upload anything here atm.

I know I can do that, but it's still a case-by-case basis. There is no way to specifically isolate and select all instances of any particular word or word string and then have it mass replaced with something else.

It's nothing particular critical, but I often make many minor edits within the various word packs, and being able to mass alter certain spellings of words has its uses, at least for me.

Archived