(3.4.6) member warning issues

HBz

Hi,

We've just upgraded our site to 3.4.6 and I've noticed that members who are restricted from posting on the forums don't receive their 'notice for members' message. If they are suspended, there is a 'More Details' link that provides the 'Notice for members', which is filled out when the warning is given.

However, if they are restricted from posting content, there's no such link. In addition, they don't know they are restricted from posting content until they try to do so. They ought to be told right away.

Furthermore, if a restricted member tries to post content by clicking the 'quote' button, it will simply not work, with no notice as to why!

I'd also like to add that requiring users to click on a cryptic 'More Details' link is a poor way to deliver what is typically for us, an important message stating the reason for their suspension or ban.

I agree it is an "important message" therefore we always either PM or email (depending on what option is available after the action) the member concerned to explain the reason personally.

Yeah, just tell one of your moderators to create an official infraction message and then just Copy/Paste the infraction message when you send an infraction or something. After that just Copy/Paste the link where the post the user got his infraction from and give the reason why. And Ta-da.

Yeah, just tell one of your moderators to create an official infraction message and then just Copy/Paste the infraction message when you send an infraction or something. After that just Copy/Paste the link where the post the user got his infraction from and give the reason why. And Ta-da.

Did you ever consider how long it will take to do that on busy boards ?

Don't get me wrong , you are trying to help maybe however this suggestion is not a solution. It is simply a workaround for a major UI issue on 3.4. Hopefully this and other front end UI issues will be corrected in 4.0

I agree it is an "important message" therefore we always either PM or email (depending on what option is available after the action) the member concerned to explain the reason personally.

Tha'ts what we do, as well, but a major issue with this is that suspended users -- even temporarily suspended ones -- can't read their PMs. Oh, I guess you could email, but I prefer to keep everything within the board.

I'm part of the administrator team but not the site owner, who has the license.

Amerr, that hook wouldn't get around the fact that suspended users can't read their PMs ;)

Archived