Email alert on ACP login

ASTRAPI

For what purpose? To spy on staff members?

It's more useful when you don't have any staff members. It alerts you to a potential account compromise.

Not a bad suggestion, I don't know how many people would really take use of it though. Seems like something that might be better of as a hook.

For what purpose? To spy on staff members?

If he owns the site then it is his right to spy on whom ever is in the cp, but if you would not be so fast to jump on someone with this nonsense and think just a minute you "might" realize it is a good idea.

It's more useful when you don't have any staff members. It alerts you to a potential account compromise.

Not a bad suggestion, I don't know how many people would really take use of it though. Seems like something that might be better of as a hook.

I agree security is the key and I think this would be a good addition.

If we are lucky enough to get this added, I personally think it would be more beneficial to notify the owners from failed CP log in attempts vs log in from staff with access.

The turds trying to hack into cps' are more of a concern than my staff with cp access and like most everyone has seen failed log in attempts from members without access and when you check their IP at least for me they were mainly from three countries just being pains in the butt.

Failed login attempts I can agree with and even logins to to root admin account.

But where it concerns other staff members, eg a secondary admin is where I have a slight issue, after all you have promoted these people on the basis that you trust them to take care of site issues for you.

But where it concerns other staff members, eg a secondary admin is where I have a slight issue, after all you have promoted these people on the basis that you trust them to take care of site issues for you.

What? Well yes, this is true.. to some extent. But I obviously still keep a watchful eye over my staff members. There's a reason there's a dedicated section in the ModCP for reviewing recent warnings, bans, suspensions, and the sort. So the admins can monitor what their staff members are doing and ensure warnings/suspensions are being handed out properly.

There's nothing wrong with "spying" on what your staff members do in the Admin Control Panel of your own website. This isn't even really relevant to what the OP is suggesting. You can already do this here by going to Stats & Logs >> Logs >> Moderator Logs.

All moderative actions all your staff members have done can be viewed here. In detail.

OP just wants e-mail notifications when an administrator logs into the AdminCP. I don't see what the issue is.

Archived