Bulk email based on member's region

Abuzaid

Our members located all over the worlds ; it will be great if I can post an email to all members say in Canada or middle east or saudi arabia or Egypt.
I do not expect the feature to be exact as the linkage between the latest member's IP or even the member's registration IP is not that solid. To certain location or region

Upon registration, I force users to choose which region that they are in. It can be a simple option field or move them into a primary member group.

Option Field

If they are to choose their region from an optional profile field, I then use Adriano Faria's >export member's e-mail to filter out only the members with X-profile field. It works great.

Primary Member Group

If you elect to move members into a specific member group upon registration, you can e-mail them from the board directly. You can use the >User Group in Register Form app for this, however, please note that it's not compatible with Facebook connect.

There might be other solutions that I am not aware of too.

On another note, from a video conference concerning social media, one of Facebook's top priorities will be to pinpoint exactly where users live and direct market to them based on their preferences. So, if you're living in postal code 48121, they can serve specific ads to you from a dealer in you area, etc.

I don't think the idea is new and am surprised that Facebook cannot do this already, but from the conference (08-2013), that's what they are pushing.

Archived