Multiple Likes & Dislikes & Neutral Choices

CallieJo

Offer multiple likes, dislikes, & neutral choices using custom icons, smilies, font-awesome, or text.

Negative = dislike
Positive = like
Neutral = nuetral

Admin can add as many options as they want to.

Options are shown in every post.

Admins can add custom text to describe each instance.

Tally shown in user profiles & optionally in user postbit.

Examples that better explain this suggestion:
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-ratings-taking-likes-to-the-next-level.410/
post-189352-0-44164900-1394141502_thumb.
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/365191-xenforo-like-buttons/?hl=bullying#entry2288786
http://community.invisionpower.com/topic/370950-paid-modification-request-xenforo-like-rating/

I'd like to suggest this feature to be in IPB core. I'm well aware of the addons.

Here's what we have now by default to choose from:

What I am proposing is to let us admins choose how we want to display these ourselves with more options.

I'm not asking for something "new" in the default setup, but rather an expansion of what is already there without having to rely on third-party apps.

I don't really understand what purpose "neutral" would serve - you could be neutral by just not liking or disliking something. Imo, the - and + reputation system alongside the "Like this" button is sufficient enough.

Here's what we have now by default to choose from:
without having to rely on third-party apps.

There it is, the real reason for the request.

Imagine what the core would be if everyone picked their favorite 3rd party app and had it thrown in.

You missed to 'Off' setting ;)

IMO, this is best left for a 3rd party. Seeing as it only has 27 purchases, the majority of clients aren't looking for this feature. But that's just my opinion.

Imagine what the core would be if everyone picked their favorite 3rd party app and had it thrown in.

You missed to 'Off' setting ;)

IMO, this is best left for a 3rd party. Seeing as it only has 27 purchases, the majority of clients aren't looking for this feature. But that's just my opinion.

Yes, I missed the off setting. Sorry.

AS far as sales, I can assure you that http://xenforo.com/community/resources/post-ratings-taking-likes-to-the-next-level.410/ has hundreds of sales & is listed as #4 in the top resources. I bought at least 10 myself and plan on purchasing more. I went to XF for some fun factors for end-users before the above app was added here at IPB. So, I disagree on using the sales here as a reason to not expand on what's already in IPB.

I'd like to see IPB expand on what they already have. Give admins more choices.

If I didn't have to go run a business, I probably would not have missed this part.

No, that is not the real reason for this suggestion!

The REAL reason for the suggestion is to help expand on what is already there in IPB. It's obviously popular outside of IPB.

The ONLY reason why I stated anything about third-party apps was because you stated it should be left to third-party mods. Same reply a lot of suggestions get along with the feeling that we must not support paid mods if we want it in core....when infact, many of us do support third-party mods "happily"...even elsewhere!

Not everything has to be an addon. Unless everyone thinks that we should never expand current features and never have new features ever. What's the point in suggestions? What's the point in new versions if all suggestions should be an addon?

The ONLY reason why I make and/or support suggestions around here is because I like IPB as a company & would have liked to invest more in them.

Maybe I find your comment insulting because I'm tired...or feel like I'm wasting my time.

• 8 months later...

Is this in the works by chance? Having just come from Xenforo, a lot of my userbase actually misses the additional 'neutral' reputation. Here's why. Say something somebody posted is funny as well, well they can simply use a 'Funny' like instead of having to reply with LOL or LMAO or whatever, artificially inflating their post count. Another example is somebody posted something just plain stupid, a 'WTF' like would work here as well. Honestly I'm not a big fan of 'negative' reputation as it gets abused quite often, so 'neutral' reputation is actually very useful IMHO. The only reason I'm posting here is because I can't find a third party app, and the one listed above is apparently no longer in the marketplace (or moved). If someone can point me to a 3rd party app, that would be appreciated as well.

Archived