The Pink Message in the Admin CP

Neil2

And I've probably contributed far more to the community here than you have in your lifetime as a client, what's your point? This childish attitude of yours isn't going to help you get your way. "I've been a client longer than you have," I mean, honestly? How old are you? Not sure what it is with people acting like children on here this week.

Can someone please just lock this topic since the OP is being hard headed and his question has been clearly answered? No need to keep beating this dead horse. Some people refuse to accept that they're not going to get their way on everything.

This is going to be changed in 4.0, it is not changing in 3.4 just because you want it to.

No I made a simple question and comment then here you with some others always comes running defending IPS and telling the rest of us no need, does it matter, blah blah blah.

You know you might be a contributor happy for you, but for the short time you have been here and I read a lot you have managed to put yourself in a group segregating yourself.

I don't care how much you think you have done so much more than me here, sure I am not a coder never said I was, don't want to be, but you don't forget one simple thing, my money is just as green as yours, I bought licenses in 2005 and 2006 so just because I do not post here like some of you do, since I am active on my forum does not mean I do not see what is going on.

The same way I ignore the message telling me to upgrade. It's not that big of a deal. Nothing of value is on the front page of the acp anyway.

Would you like me to find the code edit so the message goes away?

No thanks appreciate the offer though, farber already said it was going to be fixed in 4.0 and I acknowledged that. I am happy something is being done to eliminate this long term visual, but I would have really liked more clarification on it since he did give two options.

I really hope it is the later part of his answer where we click the link it dismissed it instantly

Exactly, that damn dead horse has been beaten enough.

And thank you :smile: Appreciate it greatly, looking to do some bigger and better things with it after 4.0 come out and some mods have been upgraded.

No, because then he'd miss all the other updates and then blame you for any issues he'd come across that relate to seeing that message.

Yep sure would, cannot survive not having the pink banner there for weeks with any news or patches since the admin cp has the IPS Latest News.

Which is also available for anyone to see, but the News does not bother me, nor would it cause sites with multiple controlling admins to run and install the same patch over and over since the pink message is there in your face upon log in. The News it is there if I want to read it with all the important information just like the pink banner.

Actually the reasons you used are complete bulls....t :smile: Specifically the last one you used is extremely funny.

We have complete different reasons. For us the message simply creates additional work for our staff. It effects our work flaw because every admin who logs into admin panel sees the message and gets worrried. To prevent that we need to create special items in our project manager for completed things . simply it causes us valuable time.

You should try not to make feature requests personal or else you'll never present correct reasonings like you did in this ticket.

Exactly but no one seems to be able to see that, but when you are here posting most of the time I guess it is nothing to worry about seeing in their admin cp.

I guess owners like ADK only follow suit and install what is given to them with the pink message and never pays any attention to the IPS Latest News

We have complete different reasons. For us the message simply creates additional work for our staff. It effects our work flaw because every admin who logs into admin panel sees the message and gets worrried. To prevent that we need to create special items in our project manager for completed things . simply it causes us valuable time.

There is a notepad for admins in the dashboard,whoever applies the patch can simply write their own message in there so everybody sees it,like ...

Security patch applied 9/3/2014 @ 8am by Mark

this will avoid further confusion and worry for you and your team.

For us the message simply creates additional work for our staff. It effects our work flaw because every admin who logs into admin panel sees the message and gets worrried. To prevent that we need to create special items in our project manager for completed things . simply it causes us valuable time.

Sorry but unless am misreading then all an admin has to do is post in the 'admin notes' section at bottom of the page (where the 'pink' box is shown), saying something like 'ignore the message above as have already updated it' or whatever message you want to post there for other admins to see ... so shouldn't be any panic by admins .... as said ... unless am misreading your post ... if so then apologies

damn, beaten by Mark above >_<

I was wondering when someone was going to suggest why not take the time to put a note in the Admin Notes.

Anymore excuses why the message should stay there for weeks, you people just like the color or what??

This entire thread is cancer. I'm not jumping to defend IPS. If you actually read a lot of what I've posted over the years, I've gotten into arguments with IPS a number of times. I'm indifferent and can't stand fanboyism either.

The only reason I'm arguing with you is because what you're complaining about and how big of an issue you're portraying this to be is beyond stupid.

Anymore excuses why the message should stay there for weeks, you people just like the color or what??

We've already given you a valid response. To ensure clients have ample time to see and respond to the notice.

bfarber has posted a response stating that this will be improved in 4.0, but is not changing in 3.4.

Your response was "I don't care about the other clients, I've been a client longer than you have therefor IPS should care about my opinions more than all the other clients they have to serve."

Please just shut up and find something more productive to do with your time, or find something more sensible to whine about.

There is a notepad for admins in the dashboard,whoever applies the patch can simply write their own message in there so everybody sees it,like ...

Security patch applied 9/3/2014 @ 8am by Mark

this will avoid further confusion and worry for you and your team.

That may fit your work flaw but for us it is not acceptable at all. Simply every board's needs are also different.

That may fit your work flaw but for us it is not acceptable at all. Simply every board's needs are also different.

So unacceptable that you refuse to wait for 4.0 for this to be changed, and want to keep beating a dead horse here?

You should stop making assumptions as i have no issue waiting 4.0

Then what's the issue? What's the point of continuing to argue with people in this thread as to why the pink box is such an unacceptable inconvenience to you?

Seriously, it's a stupid pink box. It's not that big of an issue. It's at worst a minor annoyance. It does not impact your community in any way. It's being improved in 4.0.

Let's find something better to complain about and MOVE ON.

You seem to have serious issues. I can't help you with that , good luck on your angry life...

I'm not angry mate, just pointing out again that this entire topic is ridiculous.

You're also the one using profanity in this thread, if anything you seem to be a bit mad here.

Would you like a hug? :huggles:

Archived