Sinistra

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (Sin) IP.Content Database Template

File Submitter: Sinistra

File Submitted: 05 Mar 2014

File Category: Content Management

Supported Versions: IP.Content 2.3.x

(Sin) IP.Content Database Templates

We are happy to introduce a new IP.Content add-on from Sinistra Designs. This Database Template will make one of your IP.Content custom database use the (Blog Format) Template.

%7Boption%7D

Comes with its own set of templates.

%7Boption%7D

Comes with settings to make it easier to edit the stuff that is most important to your database!

%7Boption%7D

(Sin) IP.Content Database UPDATED:

I am happy to announce that we have completed this mod. Now you can have a 2x2 forumat for the database you want to use this mod on!

here to download this file

• 3 weeks later...

I have installed your application and I would request assistance in getting it to work.

• create new database
  • getting it to display single file upload

regards

As you requested I will be making a tutorial on how to create a custom database. it might take me a day or two but I will post the link here when I get it completed.

As you requested I will be making a tutorial on how to create a custom database. it might take me a day or two but I will post the link here when I get it completed.

EXCELLENT!!! thank you.. I have also noticed on your site that you are displaying different formats for your images, i.e., wide banner image located above the text, and the smaller images located right side of text.

Yes the format that I have in the file will be the only version I release till 4.0 is released. Once IPB 4.0 is released I will release the format I have displayed on my site.

very cool .. I am more concerned with how to develop database templates at this point. I do have particular requirement in mind, wanting somewhat of a ComicPress blog from utilizing database templates .. where I can page the central image forward and backward .. maintaining static blog area.

<I find I canot spell worth a darn..>

I want to purchasre, but i have a question:

Can i use this for ANY rating content? (e.g. Digicams, Restaurants, ...)

What I did was I made custom fields for my ratings and it shows up in the Extra Info aspect of the content. so Yes as long as you make the fields you can use a rating system

very cool .. I am more concerned with how to develop database templates at this point. I do have particular requirement in mind, wanting somewhat of a ComicPress blog from utilizing database templates .. where I can page the central image forward and backward .. maintaining static blog area.

<I find I canot spell worth a darn..>

If you would like you can send me a PM and show me what you are looking for. we might be able to come up with some type of agreement for a design for you!

What I did was I made custom fields for my ratings and it shows up in the Extra Info aspect of the content. so Yes as long as you make the fields you can use a rating system

If you would like you can send me a PM and show me what you are looking for. we might be able to come up with some type of agreement for a design for you!

excellent... I would like to digest the tutorial that you are creating so that I can play around with what I already have right now. I need to have a page for the display also.. correct?

excellent... I would like to digest the tutorial that you are creating so that I can play around with what I already have right now. I need to have a page for the display also.. correct?

Sorry for it taking so long for the tut. it would seem that I am unable to post in the tutorials section of the board. I am talking with the staff right now to get it worked out. If all else fails I will see if they can rush my reneal so I can post!

Sorry for it taking so long for the tut. it would seem that I am unable to post in the tutorials section of the board. I am talking with the staff right now to get it worked out. If all else fails I will see if they can rush my reneal so I can post!

thank you. I have been playing around with all the variances in the databases, noting that I would like to be able to customise CSS somehow.

Setting up the Templates to use on Database

Go to your Other Apps-> Content-> Databases Select the pencil on the database you wish to use the templates on. From there you want to select set the templates up.

• Cagegory Template = (Sin) Database Category List
  • Listing Template = (Sin) Database Template (Blog Format) / (2x2) /(Single Column)
  • Display Template = (Sin) Database Template Display

Configuring The Settings

When you setup a field you will notice below the "Field Name" is "Field Key" you will need theses to setup the database template settings. Below is diagram of what you need to know to set it up correctly.

• Title Field Key: This is for your title field.
  • Teaser Paragraph:: this is for your teaser paragraph (If did not create a field for this the "Body Field" will replace it)
  • Date Field: will be your date if you have one created. If not you can put "date_saved" and it will put the date that it was first saved.
  • Body Field Head: will put a header of the body of your database. (optional)
  • Body Field: This will display the body of your database.
  • Database Image Field: This will be your cover or article image. (Single file upload is suggested for this field)
  • Attachment Field Head: This will allow you to put a header above your attachments.
  • Attachment Field: If you have an attachment field set up you can use this to display your attachments.
  • Extra Info: this will allow you to put an extra info header above the content that has not been put into the settings for the templates.

databasetut6.png

I hope this helps you set up the database.

• 4 weeks later...