Time to add additional resources to your spam service?

Aussie Cable

I have been doing some probing of my own server and found the following information, in regards to your spam service, to my server.

Now I understand that while the spam service probably does not cause any lag what so ever to how my own community runs (ie: page views etc), don't you think that based on the following stats, your own server/network is in need of additional resources?

12832164755_94b70685b6_o.png

Maybe I am not looking at this correctly? If this is the case, can you inform me of what I am looking at and explain to me why I see these high results from your spam service, please.

I am in Australia, so I do expect around ~200ms to ~350ms at any given time added onto what would normally be classed as 'normal' latency.

Appreciate an explanation of what I am looking at, thanks.

EDIT: I have these results from the use of new relic, over a period of 24 hours.

The spam service calls are only made on new registrations, after a user has registered it's not called again, so there is no way this would have any effect on the performance of your site other than a a new registration. Your response times are all high actually so this is likely due to your location and the distance of your hosting from our servers.

Oh wow, thanks Rhett for the well informed post!

Did you NOT read any part of my post at all?

I did not suggest anywhere that I was concerned about this having any performance decrease on my site what so ever, in fact I said:

Now I understand that while the spam service probably does not cause any lag what so ever to how my own community runs (ie: page views etc),

So again, actually just forget I even asked!

Archived