Forum Community Website rated #1 and uses IP Board / Invision

LIF

Thank you to Invision for helping make our community the #1 rated website in New York/LI!

Our website is running IPBoard and we feel in part we won because of this. The software is fast, simple to use, offers many plug-in capabilities and social media friendly. The board flows nice and offers many things for our community members to partake in. New threads, voting polls, giveaways, classified system, ID card printing and much morel!

Over 600,000 votes and we won first place!

http://bestof.longislandpress.com/2014/best-website-based-on-long-island/

Thank you IPB!!

• 7 months later...

Hey,all! we are up for 2015.

If anyone can help out with some votes :)

http://vote.longislandpress.com/engine/YourSubmission.aspx?contestid=144511

Scroll down to the last category, "Website Based Business"

Please click on LongIslandFirearms - Ronkonkoma

Be sure to accept the rules and VOTE!

Every vote counts. Please vote DAILY!

This is our time to shine as a community!

Congrats. While my community has never gotten that, we've developed one hell of a reputation among the anime and manga community for our accuracy on anime and manga related news and have even been quoted by other communities for that distinction, as well. thumbsup.pngsmile.png

• 1 month later...

I don't know anything about guns, other than they are dangerous (in the right or wrong hand) - designed to kill and kill efficiently.

I think what he's saying is the numbers in the poll of those who own 1 or more guns is scary and for me being a UK person where guns are not needed or tolerated in society, it's scary.

However gun control is for another topic/debate, this is about congratulating the forum on the achievement obtained.

I don't know anything about guns, other than they are dangerous (in the right or wrong hand) - designed to kill and kill efficiently.

I think what he's saying is the numbers in the poll of those who own 1 or more guns is scary and for me being a UK person where guns are not needed or tolerated in society, it's scary.

However gun control is for another topic/debate, this is about congratulating the forum on the achievement obtained.

Sorry IPS for bringing this up... but a car is far more deadly and possessed than guns yet people handle those more careless than proper gun owners handle their guns. Proper gun ownership is nothing to be scared of, a criminal on the other hand is something to be scared of but they will get a gun/deadly device anyway possible, even the UK sees that. As an American, the 2nd amendment is a little more ingrained into our society so it's not a scary thought to protect yourself. If you disagree, please feel free to PM to keep this off of the board. Thanks

Anyway. Now that we got that out of our system. Yes, indeed congrats. To OP, I would strongly urge a custom skin would be next steps with all this glory you have gotten! 

Congratulations! I see that people are recommending getting a custom theme for your forums - that's probably something I would do as well, however! 4.0 is right around the corner, so if you guys plan on upgrading when the first stable release is out, then I'd recommend waiting to have a design built.

Once again, congratulations!

Archived