Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

Hello. I just set this up and I was wondering if there is a bounce will mandrill side still record it as a bounce? If so, is there a way to avoid mandrill from recording it? We want to send out a newsletter to our community of 9k or so users using the built in email blast feature without messing up our mandrill rating since we have a new mandrill account.

​It's inevitable that you're going to damage your Mandrill sending rate with a new account, they've got to learn that you're not sending lots of bad email. Mandrill process the emails, so of course they're going to know if it bounces. It's up to Mandrill to relay that information back into the app.

What I would probably do is to enable Mandrill to send the every day board emails, and give it a week or so before sending a bulk email.

​It's inevitable that you're going to damage your Mandrill sending rate with a new account, they've got to learn that you're not sending lots of bad email. Mandrill process the emails, so of course they're going to know if it bounces. It's up to Mandrill to relay that information back into the app.

What I would probably do is to enable Mandrill to send the every day board emails, and give it a week or so before sending a bulk email.

​We have it enabled for the every day emails. Thanks for the feedback. 

What constitutes a "bounce" - is that when someone marks an e-mail from you as spam or ?

There are three different states that the app looks at

1. Soft Bounce: This is if an email is returned by a non-permanent error, i.e routing issue, inbox full etc.
  2. Hard Bounce: This is a permanent error, i.e. email account no longer exists, domain isn't registered etc.
  3. Spam: This is if the user reports the email as spam to their ISP ( i.e. those spam buttons you get in Outlook.com/Yahoo/Aol)
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

So I sent out a mass email last week.  I had a number of bounces but none of those users were recorded by this app as disabled emails.  I had one spam complaint, that user was properly recorded as a disabled email. 

The app has worked for me in the past.  I have moved to 3.4.8 recently.

So I sent out a mass email last week.  I had a number of bounces but none of those users were recorded by this app as disabled emails.  I had one spam complaint, that user was properly recorded as a disabled email.

The app has worked for me in the past.  I have moved to 3.4.8 recently.

​It depends what type of bounce it is. If it's a soft-bounce, then the email address won't get disabled right away (it needs to happen a number of times to reach the threshold).

​It depends what type of bounce it is. If it's a soft-bounce, then the email address won't get disabled right away (it needs to happen a number of times to reach the threshold).

​There were 101 soft bounces and 34 hard bounces.  Only one out of all of those (which was a made-up email for a support account) actually registered as disabled.

​Hi,

The support ticket is awaiting your reply.

Thanks,

​I can't seem to see or access it.

Sorry, you don't have permission for that!

[#20X172]

Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available.   

• 2 weeks later...

We've been using this for a while and it's been working fine.  In testing issues with another app, we disabled the bouncer hook for a while.  Upon reenabling the hook, it seems users are seeing the bounce notices even though they haven't received a bounce in months.  How long are users supposed to see a bounce notice for if they haven't had a bounce in ages?