Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

Where do we go look in our AdmincCP to see the statistics for how many bounces the addon has recorded and how many accounts it has affected?

Specifically, I'd like to take those hard bounces and move them to a certain usergroup but all I can tell so far is that Mandrill is reporting the bounces to IPB but where can I see what it's doing with them?

Where do we go look in our AdmincCP to see the statistics for how many bounces the addon has recorded and how many accounts it has affected?

Specifically, I'd like to take those hard bounces and move them to a certain usergroup but all I can tell so far is that Mandrill is reporting the bounces to IPB but where can I see what it's doing with them?

ACP > Other Apps > Bouncer > View > Disabled Emails

This was just added in 1.1.0, so make sure you're upto date if you don't see it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've added a list of mail addresses to black list at Mandrill via [options, rejection blacklist] a couple of hours ago. This list is based on bounce info I gathered with other software earlier.

Since these addresses are being rejected now, I also expected those to appear in the add-on under "emails disabled". But they don't. Thus those members won't get the "please update your mail address" notification on the forums.

Is there a way I can arrange for this?

When there is a hard bounce and spam complaint the App change the member status to Validating or do not change the member group?

The app doesn't change any member groups.

I've added a list of mail addresses to black list at Mandrill via [options, rejection blacklist] a couple of hours ago. This list is based on bounce info I gathered with other software earlier.

Since these addresses are being rejected now, I also expected those to appear in the add-on under "emails disabled". But they don't. Thus those members won't get the "please update your mail address" notification on the forums.

Is there a way I can arrange for this?

Items manually added to the blacklist don't have a 'reason' that we act on (hard-bounce / soft-bounce / spam).

In reality, if you're already getting bounces for those users on another system, if you're sending emails to them Mandrill will notice that pretty quickly too.

The thing is: I have a mailing list with over 50,000 receipients. About 5,000 of them have been blacklisted. To prevent negative impact on my reputation I've blacklisted those in Mandrill too. I do want this add-on to act though, so that our users get the "please update your email" popup.

The thing is: I have a mailing list with over 50,000 receipients. About 5,000 of them have been blacklisted. To prevent negative impact on my reputation I've blacklisted those in Mandrill too. I do want this add-on to act though, so that our users get the "please update your email" popup.

I do have an idea of how this can be added as an option, so you would have an option for the action to take for 'custom' rejected emails

1. None (default)
  2. Hard Bounce
  3. Soft Bounce

Sounds fine!

I do wonder what other custom rejected emails could be, but as long as 'manually blacklisted' is one of them I'm happy :smile:.

Ideally what you would do is send your mail via Mandrill, any bounces originating from your mailing list would be reported to IP.Board too.

I have added this as a configuration option that is disabled by default.

I've downloaded the file and uploaded the contents to the server, overwriting the existing ones. But then what? It still shows 1.1.0. Can't find an update instruction in the pdf either.

Upgrading is pretty much identical to installation, except you'll be sent to the upgrader when you login to your ACP.

It sounds like you have uploaded the files to the wrong place, you should be prompted to overwrite existing files.

Stuart

This app is great! Loving it so far.

I have a suggestion for the next upgrade.

You could add member moderation tools in the list Disable Emails.

First, add the option to change the number of members listed per page.

Second, add filters to list members, like number of posts, last post date, date registered, etc.

Third, give the admin power to select one, many or all listed members under certain filters, and with the selected mass change member group, delete member account, etc.

It would be very nice to have the power to mass delete members (with hard bouncing email), for exemple, with no posts or last login for more than a year, and so far.

What do you think?

And thanks again for this wonderful app.

• 4 weeks later...

This mod isn't functioning as it should at our 3.4.6 site

Hard Bounce
If a hard bounce is detected, all email to that user will be instantly disabled

Several users have given hard bounces. Those addresses have been picked up by the mod. For starters I'm really missing a search feature here, since I've got 240 pages with mails to look through.

When zooming in on a particular user I see in the members.members_cache something with "bouncer":
a:2:{s:7:"bouncer";a:5:{s:11:"_currentAAM";s:1:"0";s:8:"disabled";b:1;s:12:"disabledTime";i:1398949358;s:7:"warning";b:0;s:10:"modalShown";i:1401466465;}s:13:"msgAlertReset";i:1401466465;} 
But at mandrillapp.com I can see there are still going mails to this user!

Besides: a user with an invalid email has updated his email, but the notification is still there!

This mod isn't functioning as it should at our 3.4.6 site

Several users have given hard bounces. Those addresses have been picked up by the mod. For starters I'm really missing a search feature here, since I've got 240 pages with mails to look through.

When zooming in on a particular user I see in the members.members_cache something with "bouncer":

a:2:{s:7:"bouncer";a:5:{s:11:"_currentAAM";s:1:"0";s:8:"disabled";b:1;s:12:"disabledTime";i:1398949358;s:7:"warning";b:0;s:10:"modalShown";i:1401466465;}s:13:"msgAlertReset";i:1401466465;} 

But at mandrillapp.com I can see there are still going mails to this user!

Besides: a user with an invalid email has updated his email, but the notification is still there!

Sounds like you have disabled the hook that is shipped with the app.

Check it is enabled.

Was on my phone when I posted this, as a follow up: Check the hook is enabled, if it is please submit a support ticket as detailed in the files 'Support' section.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Great app and it's kinda working but I have a problem

The mandrill side is perfectly fine and is definitely doing what it should

However any members who are found to have outdated/wrong emails are stopped from receiving further emails (good) but then when they go to log into the forum they just hit a blank white screen and can't do anything else

Am guessing it's an issue with some permission somewhere for them to see the screens that tell them to update their emails ? (they're unable to see this - it's just a pure white screen they're getting)

Can you help ?

Hi,

Great app and it's kinda working but I have a problem

The mandrill side is perfectly fine and is definitely doing what it should

However any members who are found to have outdated/wrong emails are stopped from receiving further emails (good) but then when they go to log into the forum they just hit a blank white screen and can't do anything else

Am guessing it's an issue with some permission somewhere for them to see the screens that tell them to update their emails ? (they're unable to see this - it's just a pure white screen they're getting)

Can you help ?

Hi,

Please submit a ticket for support..

Support
If you require any support for this product please create a Technical Support ticket in the Client Area. You must supply your IPS Community email address.

By the sounds of it, we'll need to have a look at your Error log to see what's going on.

Thanks

Stuart