Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

I purchased and installed your Mandill Bouncer. I set-up our Mandrill account. Sent out the bulk email. Why is the Mandrill Bouncer not working?

We sent over 48,000 emails via mandrill. Key was provided. I then went in as a member whose email hard bounced and saw no notification. We are getting no stats in the Mandrill Bouncer except the spam complaints - Via the Mandrill Bouncer Statistics link in AdminCP.

everything required to be verified by mandrill was verified on mandrill as well.

I do have the webhook info as well. I was going to put it there for you to see.

Please advise.

Also, when I go to your client area, it won't let me in. I PMed you because I saw you were here 20 minutes ago and didn't answer this problem.

5 minutes ago, PacmanDo said:

I purchased and installed your Mandill Bouncer. I set-up our Mandrill account. Sent out the bulk email. Why is the Mandrill Bouncer not working?

We sent over 48,000 emails via mandrill. Key was provided. I then went in as a member whose email hard bounced and saw no notification. We are getting no stats in the Mandrill Bouncer except the spam complaints - Via the Mandrill Bouncer Statistics link in AdminCP.

everything required to be verified by mandrill was verified on mandrill as well.

I do have the webhook info as well. I was going to put it there for you to see.

Please advise.

Also, when I go to your client area, it won't let me in. I PMed you because I saw you were here 20 minutes ago and didn't answer this problem.

Hi,

I'm sorry that you're having trouble, a support ticket is the best course of action (since I'll need admin CP access).

You will either need to register an account, or file a ticket as a guest (you can do this by following the link http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new&department=5

Thanks,
Stuart

Edited by stoo2000
Fix URL

@stoo2000 I never received the reply with respect to the hard bounce issue not showing up for members who have hard bounced? I do not want to send them another email via mandrill because your system did not do it's job during the 1st send. Can you please let me know when it is safe to send out another bulk email to my members without worrying about the hard bounce emails being sent.

Can you fix this issue please: This happened to me when I went in as another member and this also happened to 

live4chrome said:

I have a pop up that says I need to confirm my email address. I have confirmed it and still have no email in my inbox. I have tried two different emails. since about 9 am today

live4chrome

andrew

I will be fixing his issue, but confirmation emails do not seem to be sent. Can you please check and fix?

I can't seem to answer the ticket. You blame it on IPS and it did not occur on previous mailings. It didn't occur on the 1st mailing. It occurred after you updated the app. I am still getting them and I have a couple members who claim they are locked out and their email is fine and the notice they got was from some other members email.

Capture-mandrill-error.thumb.JPG.be60d56

I am getting hundreds of these.

On 28 January 2016 at 1:30 AM, CheersnGears said:

Are you able to regenerate my renewal invoice? I missed it by a few days.

You may be able to do that via https://community.invisionpower.com/clients/purchases/. If you cannot, you will need to email marketplace@invisionpower.com

On 28 January 2016 at 9:12 PM, PacmanDo said:

I can't seem to answer the ticket. You blame it on IPS and it did not occur on previous mailings. It didn't occur on the 1st mailing. It occurred after you updated the app. I am still getting them and I have a couple members who claim they are locked out and their email is fine and the notice they got was from some other members email.

Capture-mandrill-error.thumb.JPG.be60d56

I am getting hundreds of these.

As noted in your support ticket, this does appear to be an IPS4 issue. I do believe that there is a bugfix in 4.1.8 for this (or something quite similar)

Hi,

I tell you the situation first:

A forum with a lot more than 100000 members in 10 years, we sent every year 1 email, some years more times, sometimes only to parts of the member list, in the near past really not a lot.

I want to do:

• Emailmarketing in the future, favorable with different marketing list extracted from different forum groups or by click behavior
  • Bounce control
  • Deactivate hard bounce and spam user
  • I need to start with sending all existing users email as everybody has to accept a new forum contract

My questions:

1. Is mandrill bouncer suited for my request? Or is syncing to another provider in this situation better? Or using your bouncer and another email marketing tool, both? I know, mandrill bouncer is not an email marketing tool, but maybe it would be a great future upgrade or there are available tools that will work with your bouncer
  2. Am I right that mandrill is an independant service and your tool only recognizes bounces at the moment?
  3. By which provider will the forum emails be sent? By mandrill, or mailchimp, or even by the own forum server?
  4. In my situation, would you recommend mandrill bouncer (I never had an email blacklist, we only sent via our own server with standard bulk mail, but we accepted deletion requests by email. There might be thousands of emailadresses, that don't wish to get emails, even they accepted so once. And thousands temporary email domains in the first years of the forum.) What can I do?

I would be glad to receive an answer and I hope it's the right place.

Regards, T

• 3 weeks later...

This is bad Stoo... not going to help our mandrill reputation one bit with this type of stats from them:

628Delivered
1,051Sent
59.8%Deliverability

Yes, the other 40.2% bounced because the hard bounces listed were still sent contrary to what you led me to believe.. I'm not happy with the performance of your system so far. Can you fix this?

Edited by PacmanDo

Mandrill is to become a paid service it seems and merging with mailchimp  - or more accurately mandrill is going to be an addon to mailchimp month plans and will not be available on its own.

Minimum cost will be $20 per month. 

Not sure how or if it is will affect this app or the mandrill built in support within IPB

On 2/24/2016 at 1:18 PM, stoo2000 said:

I've re-opened your support ticket. I would really appreciate it if you could use the proper channels of support

Exactly what are the proper channels of support for you here on IPS?

We are almost totally throttled by mailchimp because you didn't make sure this was fixed last time it was an issue. 

Now I am worried about members being able to get confirmation emails when they sign-up because of the email percentage of hard bounces being sent that should not be sent that make us look spammy and causing ISPs to cut us off or throttle us.

7 minutes ago, PacmanDo said:

Exactly what are the proper channels of support for you here on IPS?

We are almost totally throttled by mailchimp because you didn't make sure this was fixed last time it was an issue.

Now I am worried about members being able to get confirmation emails when they sign-up because of the email percentage of hard bounces being sent that should not be sent that make us look spammy and causing ISPs to cut us off or throttle us.

The exact same place you already opened a ticket, that is mentioned multiple times in this top and in the file description. http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support§ion=new&department=5 . There is infact a link to this very page in a reply to one of your posts, on this very page.

For the record, I fixed this particular issue on your site over 24 hours ago, despite you not contacting me in the proper manner (the ticket system sends me alerts when an issue is created or replied to). I also emailed you 3 times with further information about the issue and what was being done to correct it.

3 minutes ago, stoo2000 said:

The exact same place you already opened a ticket, that is mentioned multiple times in this top and in the file description. http://ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support§ion=new&department=5 . There is infact a link to this very page in a reply to one of your posts, on this very page.

For the record, I fixed this particular issue on your site over 24 hours ago, despite you not contacting me in the proper manner (the ticket system sends me alerts when an issue is created or replied to). I also emailed you 3 times with further information about the issue and what was being done to correct it.

Maybe you should have a link to it in your signature? And thank you for the service. I didn't realize you had gone in and fixed things. Can I send again and it will be alright now?

Edited by PacmanDo