Jump to content

Community

stoo2000

Mail Bouncer - Automated Bounce Management

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Rory Soh said:

I just want to thank you man for this, you upgraded your same plugin for IPB 4 and kept the old plugins for IPB 3. This is rare to see in authors. Good work like always. ^_^ It has made me want to renew solely for this. I was unsure whether to use this, but this has made me want to.

Thanks, it doesn't hurt to keep the older versions available for a while :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had some cron erros today and IPS support told me that they are related to the communications between my server and the SparkPost API. My server could not connect to the SparkPost API.

Is there something related to Mail Bouncer?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

same here after update to 4.1.12

i have problem 

2S123/1 Declaration of IPS\Email\Outgoing\_SparkPost::mergeAndSend($recipients, $fromEmail, $fromName, $additionalHeaders, IPS\Lang $language) should be compatible with IPS\bouncer_hook_Email::mergeAndSend($recipients)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AQQry said:

same here after update to 4.1.12

i have problem 

2S123/1 Declaration of IPS\Email\Outgoing\_SparkPost::mergeAndSend($recipients, $fromEmail, $fromName, $additionalHeaders, IPS\Lang $language) should be compatible with IPS\bouncer_hook_Email::mergeAndSend($recipients)

 

Please upgrade to 3.0.3 which has been uploaded to the marketplace within the last 10 minutes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

Please upgrade to 3.0.3 which has been uploaded to the marketplace within the last 10 minutes.

I've upgraded to 3.0.3 and I?ve tried to remove your application, i receive this error:

ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (2)
#0 /home/modman87/public_html/home/applications/cms/extensions/core/Uninstall/Widgets.php(60): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/modman87/...', 60, Array)
#1 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Application/Application.php(3588): IPS\cms\extensions\core\Uninstall\_Widgets->onOtherAppUninstall('bouncer')
#2 /home/modman87/public_html/home/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1046): IPS\_Application->delete()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#4 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/modman87/public_html/home/zaza/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

I've contacted Ip.Board support and they tells me to contact you 

Do you have the same problem if you try to remove your application?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, modman said:

I've upgraded to 3.0.3 and I?ve tried to remove your application, i receive this error:


ErrorException: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() (2)
#0 /home/modman87/public_html/home/applications/cms/extensions/core/Uninstall/Widgets.php(60): IPS\IPS::errorHandler(2, 'Invalid argumen...', '/home/modman87/...', 60, Array)
#1 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Application/Application.php(3588): IPS\cms\extensions\core\Uninstall\_Widgets->onOtherAppUninstall('bouncer')
#2 /home/modman87/public_html/home/applications/core/modules/admin/applications/applications.php(1046): IPS\_Application->delete()
#3 [internal function]: IPS\core\modules\admin\applications\_applications->delete()
#4 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Dispatcher/Controller.php(85): call_user_func(Array)
#5 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Node/Controller.php(63): IPS\Dispatcher\_Controller->execute()
#6 /home/modman87/public_html/home/system/Dispatcher/Dispatcher.php(129): IPS\Node\_Controller->execute()
#7 /home/modman87/public_html/home/zaza/index.php(13): IPS\_Dispatcher->run()
#8 {main}

I've contacted Ip.Board support and they tells me to contact you 

Do you have the same problem if you try to remove your application?

Thanks

This  is definitely an issue in Pages, it could be that your widget configuration isn't correct, but it isn't an issue with this app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, stoo2000 said:

This  is definitely an issue in Pages, it could be that your widget configuration isn't correct, but it isn't an issue with this app.

IP.board staff says that problem is your plugin, now what will i do? :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, modman said:

IP.board staff says that problem is your plugin, now what will i do? :(

Did you reply to the ticket stating that it is a Pages issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've tried to create a ticket in the support area but I got this message: 

Sorry, there is a problem That page does not exist. Error code: 2S100/1

Url: ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new&department=5

I've just purchased mail bounce and It seems the version for IPB 3 have only Mandrill compatibility and no SparkPost. Id like sparkpost instead of mandrill. Is it difficult to implement ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I cannot even get IPS 3.4.x to work with Mandrill, so I have wasted my money thus far on this mod. :(

 ..Al

Edited by AtariAge

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AtariAge said:

I cannot even get IPS 3.4.x to work with Mandrill, so I have wasted my money thus far on this mod. :(

 ..Al

Unless you have a paid account with Mandrill, this mod will no longer work in 3.4.x

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CheersnGears said:

Unless you have a paid account with Mandrill, this mod will no longer work in 3.4.x

I have a paid Mandrill account.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

However it is not the fault of this app.

I own it and I can't use it currently, but that is not a problem - I know when I can update to 4.x I can use it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MediaDIGI.com said:

I've tried to create a ticket in the support area but I got this message: 

Sorry, there is a problem That page does not exist. Error code: 2S100/1


Url: ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/index.php?app=nexus&module=support&section=new&department=5

I've just purchased mail bounce and It seems the version for IPB 3 have only Mandrill compatibility and no SparkPost. Id like sparkpost instead of mandrill. Is it difficult to implement ?

Please use ipb.silvesterwebdesigns.com/support The site has been updated to IPS4 since the last update to the file.

5 hours ago, AtariAge said:

I have a paid Mandrill account.

Submit a ticket on my support site :thumbsup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just purchased this again after having it before I upgraded to 4.X version 

I don't think it's working and I'm getting all kinds of error messages, not least that the webhook fails 

I just sent a global email to all members and it's just included everyone in the email send meaning a load of bounces and fails :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Sheffielder said:

I just purchased this again after having it before I upgraded to 4.X version 

I don't think it's working and I'm getting all kinds of error messages, not least that the webhook fails 

I just sent a global email to all members and it's just included everyone in the email send meaning a load of bounces and fails :(

I replied to your email, your spam filter is blocking your validation email. Not sure if you got the email from me either though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi stoo2000,

I have some questions regarding mail bouncer.

  • As far as I know it currently and still only works with the bulk email API integrations by IPS, mailchimp and spark post. Right? Or can it also track bounces that originate from sending bulk mail via direct pop/smtp integrations?
  • If it isn't possible to use the modification with other email providers than sparkpost or mailchimp, would it be possible to do a special job with new integrations for me if I would pay you for the special integration work? The EU market is very restricted and i need some professional solutions that are conform with national and EU laws. We have the problem, that we may not use email services that use servers outside the EU for privacy data. So the market for this is a concern for most EU IPS customers!
  • I also had the quick and dirty solution idea to use mail bouncer only once or twice, for one or two bulk mailings, to cleanup my database by blocking the bouncing candidates first and then change the mailing process. Fees if things get complicated for a one-time-fault might be acceptable. And there might be new laws one time again if I wait a while.
    By doing so, my question is: is mail bouncer still working (=blocking bounces), if I change to a different mailing provider after only an initial mail bouncer cleanup?
    Would the recognized bounces from this onetime cleanup still be handled as "in validation", even when using a different mailing provider to send new bulk mails afterwards?

    You get the point?
    1- First cleanup with mailchimp and mailbouncer once,
    2- then the database went through the cleanup process, bounces are blocked
    3- then I could proceed with law-conform EU mailing solutions without tracking mail bounces via mail bouncer anymore, but the blocked emails will still be handled until users change there addresses and confirm...

Thx for pointing me into the right direction.

Edited by Cyboman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2 June 2016 at 2:41 PM, AtariAge said:

I cannot even get IPS 3.4.x to work with Mandrill, so I have wasted my money thus far on this mod. :(

 ..Al

Bouncer worked flawlessly with 3.4.x for me and that included when Mandril changed to paid accounts only.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We use technologies, such as cookies, to customise content and advertising, to provide social media features and to analyse traffic to the site. We also share information about your use of our site with our trusted social media, advertising and analytics partners. See more about cookies and our Privacy Policy