[GFX] Featured Articles Grid Block (1x3)

Alex.amazingboy

%7Boption%7D

File Name: [GFX] Featured Articles Grid Block (1x3)

File Submitter: Alex.amazingboy

File Submitted: 08 Feb 2014

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Content 2.1.x, IP.Content 2.2.x, IP.Content 2.3.x

IP.Content Block with Description and Hover Animation :smile:

"For custom database support you need to edit Block Codes and an Image is must required to use as custom database field"

This Block is updated from ground level. You can update it to this one if you're using old 1x4 FrontPage Block.....

NOTE: "Fluid width of Website can disturb the look of Grid Boxes"

Must Read Instructions inside : Read me.txt file

WORKING DEMO HERE

here to download this file

This looks good, good work. Cool feature would allow you to scroll down and load more articles in a masonry format similar to how you have it, but randomizing the grid layout (I would be willing to pay $$ to add this to the block.)

Umm that's a cool idea, but my hand on JavaScript isn't so good, i need to learn more about it

"i don't know how to load more data from a foareach loop with JavaScript or AJAX :D i hope i will find this tweak somewhere"

• 1 month later...

Interested in purchasing this, but after purchasing something similar I found out it conflicted with my theme and rendered it useless.

Theme

http://www.ipbfocus.com/premade/villain/

Can you look and see if you think it will cause problems or not? The previously slider I used that did not work -> http://community.invisionpower.com/files/file/5409-article-images-slideshow-by-enkidu-jquery-featured-article-images-slider/

Can I remove the "block by Alex" after purchase? I like to have a clean site.

Hello,

This Block is totally based on jQuery stuffs. so if your theme is using any other jQuery version by default or by any other Hook then yes it may conflict and cause problems. Solution is only that you should use one jQuery library :smile: and everything will works fine.

Can I remove the "block by Alex" after purchase? I like to have a clean site.

You can make its opacity low. something like 0.4, 0.3, 0.2 but don't remove it :sweat:

I don't think I will purchase this then. I understand why you want it up there, but I would have already purchased it, I should be able to do as I please. Our site is very clean, and that just stands out and looks tacky.

Thanks anyway, great mod.

You can place my name tag in your site homepage anywhere you want to instead of that block to make your site looks clean :) for example. Footer link

I could probably do something like that. I am not even sure if it will work with my theme or not. The only option is to download it and see, but I don't want to pay for something that I can't use. The money is not the issue, I don't mind paying 15$ for a pretty mod like this, but if it does not work with my theme then it does not work. So it's a stand still at the moment.

Is there a way to make it honour the teaser paragraph? Currently, if you hover over one of the blocks, the pop-up text is taken from the main body, rather than the teaser paragraph.

EG, just hover over one of the boxes: http://www.smartwatchforum.com/page/index.html

Send me temporary admin login info with Permissions to edit that block in Private message. i will look at it

• 2 weeks later...

Alright not sure if this will work with my theme or not as mentioned earlier, but I went ahead and purchased it. But it is not importing the template. Just says 0 templates imported.

This isn't Hook, This is an IP.Content Block (as title says)

You should import it from IP.Content > Blocks > Import Blocks

not as a hook

Well unfortunately does not work with my theme. script that is used with theme conflicts with script for this mod. Frustrating, the only way I could see if this works was to purchase it, and now I am not able to use it.

This is the theme I use, if you can take a look and see if you can see the conflict I would appreciate it. I can't get a refund which I understand, but you know more about your mod than I could figure out on my own.

http://www.ipbfocus.com/premade/villain/