IPB 4.0 can install each product independently

HDTV

To clarify, you will be able to do this when IPS4 is released. Currently, the Board application is required as it is completely tied into the core framework in IP.Board 3.x.

And how does that impact on the renew? If i purchased in 3.3 (now on 3.4) the core+forum, will i be able to renew the license of the two (toghether) always for 25$ or it will change with 4.0?

I am waiting, like i think many others, to renew the license with 4.0 to get as much support (and updates) as possible with the newer version (and in advantage, good work with that).

Not that the actual version is bad, but 4.0 looks so much better... can't wait, but... take your time, better safe than sorry :)

Ohey. Say I have IP.Content, IP.Board, and IP.Gallery installed right now. When upgrading to 4 lets say I want to ditch IP.Board. Will I be able to move to 4 without having to upgrade IP.Board?

You will need to upgrade all apps to 4.x, then you can disable, remove, add as needed. None of the current versions will work with 4.x.

None of the current versions will work with 4.x.

I don't want IP.Board to work with 4.x though. I want to ditch it. All my "core" tables though will still be upgraded though right? That's what I'm getting at. I'd like to move to 4 with just gallery and content and avoid paying $25 renewal fee for a product I don't want to use.

That's pretty lame. ~.~

I don't want IP.Board to work with 4.x though. I want to ditch it. All my "core" tables though will still be upgraded though right? That's what I'm getting at. I'd like to move to 4 with just gallery and content and avoid paying $25 renewal fee for a product I don't want to use.

That's pretty lame. ~.~

My best guess at this point is going to be no, you would need to run the upgrade routines for all the apps you have now or remove then, then upgrade to 4.x, at that point they would be split into the core (suite) and each app on it's own. Currently the board is the core, so it would need to be upgraded in order to be split off etc.

My best guess at this point is going to be no, you would need to run the upgrade routines for all the apps you have now or remove then, then upgrade to 4.x, at that point they would be split into the core (suite) and each app on it's own. Currently the board is the core, so it would need to be upgraded in order to be split off etc.

Yeah that's what I'm guessing too.

That's feedback then. You shouldn't force us into upgrading Board with the rest of the suite if we don't want it. I suppose it's a rare circumstance...meh. So lame.

Yeah that's what I'm guessing too.

That's feedback then. You shouldn't force us into upgrading Board with the rest of the suite if we don't want it. I suppose it's a rare circumstance...meh. So lame.

I do not think as rare as you might think - wait -- what did I just say. Either way - onward

We will reveal more information about the upgrade process in due course. That's not the most important aspect of writing a new version though, and isn't something we're ready to discuss much about yet.

That sounds discouraging. ~.~ Well we'll see how it goes.

Archived