Spanner

%7Boption%7D

File Name: (SD) Outdate Emails

File Submitter: Spanner

File Submitted: 10 Jan 2014

File Category: User and Social Engagement

Supported Versions: IP.Board 3.2.x, IP.Board 3.3.x, IP.Board 3.4.x

Author: Dawid Baruch (IPSBeyond.pl)

Description: Application allows to enforce email address change by member when he has an outdated address.

here to download this file

In ACP you can mark - edit member and go to tab (SD) Outdate emails

Thanks - did not see it at once. Translated message and tested everything and seems like a nice addon.

Save me the frustration in PM to members with wrong email adresses.

Would be nice if we could mark it from front end also. One of my moderators are watching the admin emailadress without direct access to ACP.

Update this with following info: Seems like the user that is "banned" - might bypass this if hi changes Theme.

Ah, I see... If you edit the application properties, you can configure a tab to show up next to "Forums", "Members", etc. at the top of the forums, which is called "Outdate Emails". I assumed incorrectly that if I enabled this option, one could access the system from outside the ACP. No problem.

I leave you a suggestion (already mentioned above by someone else) to allow the system to be acessible (maybe through this tab?) by a user that we can specificy manually.

You see, here on my forums I have someone just to take care of boucing emails (he accesses our bouce email inbox), but I had to upgrade him to Admin so he can have access, even though he is not a "real" admin.

Gabriel.

I have anothe suggestion for you. Please correct me if I am wrong.

After we mark a user as "outdated," the system keeps sending him notification emails.

I think this product should automatically disable email notifications to users who we mark as "outdated." Both ways: when we individually mark the user and also when we use the import function (I process hundreds of emails per batch, so this function is very useful).

This way, the number of emails in our bounce mailbox would drop, and also this would reduce the amount of bandwidth our email server uses.

We'd love to pay for this hack or make a donation, since it was so useful for us. Please consider what I say above.

• 1 year later...