Announcement System Added

ZakRhyno

As many people make a main thread to post announcements it only appears in that thread. Why not make an announcement system allow Admins to post per-arrangement that can expire on a date or time frame. Not just post something in the announcement field they have the Admin come back and take it down. If there is something they want to put up for a time frame allow the Admins/Mods to type something up put an expired day on it and it will post to the announcement thread or cross-site wide depends on the settings. Maybe it can even be narrow don't to threads or areas only. Like galleries, or nexus. I'm example it your going down for maintenance on the Nexus area but your site will be still online. One can use this system to put it up and than auto take it down when the time frame is up.

Announcements have been a supported feature in IP.Board since before I started working here. They support time-frame restrictions already and can show in selected (or all) forums.

We have improvements to this system coming in 4.0, but the bulk of what you want is already there.

No every board, every area, every application. More improve upon the current system.

Announcements have been a supported feature in IP.Board since before I started working here. They support time-frame restrictions already and can show in selected (or all) forums.

We have improvements to this system coming in 4.0, but the bulk of what you want is already there.

I was speaking of the improvement of cross-site (ALL application) not forums, time-frame announcement that will post on December 12, 2015 23:00 and be take down on December 15, 2015 15:00, stuff like this.

Announcements are not tied to the forum application in 4.0 like in earlier versions. Keep in mind (as we have to every day while working on 4.0)....a user can install 4.0 and never have the forum application installed. All features that are not forum-specific have to work whether the forum application is present or not.

Attachments are not tied to the forum application in 4.0 like in earlier versions. Keep in mind (as we have to every day while working on 4.0)....a user can install 4.0 and never have the forum application installed. All features that are not forum-specific have to work whether the forum application is present or not.

Attachments? I was not speaking of attachments. I was speaking of the feature and improve on it more so than currently.

Archived