Warning System really needs immediate fix

Neil2

Why are you not allowed to reverse a warning in the warning system and the only way to remove an accidental warning to a member this is through mysql?

Who decided to only code and continue using part of the warning system?

When was it decided to not complete it?

Was the customers asked about this and what they thought about using a warning system not working properly and only partially coded?

Why are you not allowed to reverse a warning in the warning system and the only way to remove an accidental warning to a member this is through mysql?

Who decided to only code and continue using part of the warning system?

When was it decided to not complete it?

Was the customers asked about this and what they thought about using a warning system not working properly and only partially coded?

Be careful reversing a warning via SQL. If you require warnings be acknowledged, and you delete the warning before it's acknowledged it can completely FUBAR the user account that was warned.

Thanks Adriano you know I have several of your Hooks, appreciate your work, and had you do a couple of custom ones for me, but you should not have a hook for a problem that should not exist to begin with.

4.0 with the mods, repairs, and everything else promised with it, it might come out in 2015 or it will just be a upgraded version of 3.4.6 with fixes that should not have been an issue to begin with.

Be careful reversing a warning via SQL. If you require warnings be acknowledged, and you delete the warning before it's acknowledged it can completely FUBAR the user account that was warned.

My point exactly, the forum owner should not even think about going into the mysql to remove a warning point that was issued to a member accidentally.

My point exactly, the forum owner should not even think about going into the mysql to remove a warning point that was issued to a member accidentally.

I agree, no forum owner should even think about running manual queries to replace a 'feature'. I'm not disagreeing with you. I was just pointing that out as I've seen it happen before. It's fun to track back the issue when you aren't told that manual manipulation of the database was done.

As mentioned, this was an oversight, nothing more. :) We've improved the feature in the next major release of the software.

As a workaround in the mean time, you CAN issue a warning with a negative point value and change any mod queue/ban/etc. values in the process. Before I get blasted, yes I know this isn't what you are asking for, but it is just a workaround I wanted to point out in case you weren't aware.

As mentioned, this was an oversight, nothing more. :smile: We've improved the feature in the next major release of the software.

As a workaround in the mean time, you CAN issue a warning with a negative point value and change any mod queue/ban/etc. values in the process. Before I get blasted, yes I know this isn't what you are asking for, but it is just a workaround I wanted to point out in case you weren't aware.

Hey Farber okay that sounds like it would drop a point, however another question is if a accidental warning is placed on a member, the warning itself is still there even though you took away a point won't the warning still count if you have all warnings set to stay on file for 365 days?

For simple math and example:

If a member has 4 warnings and the 5th warning suspends said member's account for 30 days, even if you deduct a accidental warning point illustrated in your post above and you cannot remove the physical warning, will the system count the 5th warning and suspend the member?

Archived