(SD) Sales Portal Pro

Spanner

@Spanner  Loving the new features in the recent update!  I just had a small request on one of the new features if it's possible.

Ability to disable transfer of buyer data to the seller (only if you use the Commerce application)

Can this be set on a per category basis? Or does it have to be all or nothing?  We have categories for virtual goods and physical goods, and it only makes sense for the physical good categories to be sent the buyer's billing and shipping data.

11 minutes ago, ahc said:

Loving the new features in the recent update!

Thank you. Nice to hear that 🙂

12 minutes ago, ahc said:

Can this be set on a per category basis? Or does it have to be all or nothing?  We have categories for virtual goods and physical goods, and it only makes sense for the physical good categories to be sent the buyer's billing and shipping data.

In this version is only global setting. If this option is desired, I can add the per category setting in the next version

Just now, Spanner
11 minutes ago, ahc said:

Loving the new features in the recent update!

Thank you. Nice to hear that 🙂

12 minutes ago, ahc said:

In this version is only global setting. If this option is desired, I can add the per category setting in the next version

Awesome! If I’m the only one who is interested, I can send you a tip for the trouble?

I did come across the first bug.  One of our testers said when they went to view an offer, the page would throw a "unable to handle this request" 500 error.  I can reproduce it on my end as well.  All other pages so far are loading correctly, including the submission page.  Once you hit submit, it throws the same error.

Edited by ahc

45 minutes ago, ahc said:

Awesome! If I’m the only one who is interested, I can send you a tip for the trouble?

Yes of course

6 minutes ago, ahc said:

I did come across the first bug.  One of our testers said when they went to view an offer, the page would throw a "unable to handle this request" 500 error.  I can reproduce it on my end as well.  All other pages so far are loading correctly, including the submission page.  Once you hit submit, it throws the same error. 

I updated the app with the new version about ~45 minutes ago.

Could you please send me more info on PM (do you have any logs in acp, how to reproduce this error)

• 3 weeks later...

@Spanner Quick question.  In the marketplace listing of this app, there are screenshots of the auctions that show they have an expiration date.  Where am I able to set that up?  We've created our first live auction, but there's nowhere for us to set an expiration date when creating the listing.

4 hours ago, ahc said:

@Spanner Quick question.  In the marketplace listing of this app, there are screenshots of the auctions that show they have an expiration date.  Where am I able to set that up?  We've created our first live auction, but there's nowhere for us to set an expiration date when creating the listing.

Expiration date depends on package settings (setting duration time)

Just now, Spanner
4 hours ago, ahc said:

Expiration date depends on package settings (setting duration time)

Ah! I knew I wasn’t looking in the right places. I’ll take a look and try to figure it out. I’m sorry for constantly nagging you. ☺️

Is there documentation I can read to learn more about the different features and how they work?  I'm looking all over the place and I can't find anything to answer my questions and I feel bad that I have so many to ask.  I'll go ahead and post them along with a few more suggestions/feedback I have.

1. What are packages?  I don't understand what they're for and how to use them.  
  2. When someone runs an auction, how does the highest bidder buy it?  We have an auction that we only wanted up for a week, but there's no way for the current highest bidder to actually buy it?  They aren't sent an invoice, even when we manually end the auction.  Is this a bug or do the auctions not work with Commerce?
  3. What is the difference between these two options when running an auction?  No matter what you put in both, the "Auction start price" overrides what is put in Auction minimal price?
    a25ce09ac9b0593472bd2ce491eb857b.png

4. Is there a way to choose whether or not custom fields show up as filters?  We have some that are only meant for the seller when they upload their products and shouldn't be used as filters. 
  5. Is there a way for me to add a description underneath the "Price" field without having to do a template edit?
    5ac6d3354bf71954263cc789039219ca.png
  6. When a member goes to buy a listing, can there be text field on the pop-up window with the variant fields so that the buyer can send additional information to the seller? Example below:

f6fff50a9d7b8766b1768133bb5c4c67.png

• Link previews embeds do not show offer images.  Also, when there is no price set on the offer (like an auction for example), the link embed shows a purchase button that when clicked by a member takes them to an error screen.  I would assume this button shouldn't be appearing unless a price is set?  Example of both issues below.

2b80cd5963196a0cc2855f5ed900b4e6.png

Thank you so much for your patience with me!

Edited by ahc

Hi @ahc

15 minutes ago, ahc said:

What are packages?  I don't understand what they're for and how to use them.  

This is something like virtual products for seller 🙂 Package allow you to do few things:

1. You can create free package, but with only one use - this mean, user can create only one offer with duration (time to renewal) e.g 14.
  2. You can create paid package and receive small fee from users
18 minutes ago, ahc said:

When someone runs an auction, how does the highest bidder buy it?

When auction will be finished manual or automatically. Winner is member with highest price

19 minutes ago, ahc said:

They aren't sent an invoice, even when we manually end the auction.

You must have Commerce app for this and Commerce should be turned on in this category. After ending offer Commerce should generate automatically invoice and send email to winner with information "you won, and this is invoice...." and to seller with information user X win...

22 minutes ago, ahc said:

What is the difference between these two options when running an auction?  No matter what you put in both, the "Auction start price" overrides what is put in Auction minimal price?

No. Start price is price which auction start. Eg you want to sell book and you set start price to $5

Auction minimal price is amount below which you don't sell. Eg. You sell book, and you want to receive min $50. You can set minimal price to $50 and when offer will be ended and highest price will be $49 then auction will haven't winner

25 minutes ago, ahc said:

Is there a way to choose whether or not custom fields show up as filters?  We have some that are only meant for the seller when they upload their products and shouldn't be used as filters. 

Yes image.thumb.png.c3132d4fb218fc5f4825da2e909e7072.png

use option "do not allow..."

29 minutes ago, ahc said:

Is there a way for me to add a description underneath the "Price" field without having to do a template edit?

You can create lang resource _desc for this field, but you must add in database

29 minutes ago, ahc said:

When a member goes to buy a listing, can there be text field on the pop-up window with the variant fields so that the buyer can send additional information to the seller? Example below:

This "additional text area"?

30 minutes ago, ahc said:

Link previews embeds do not show offer images.  Also, when there is no price set on the offer (like an auction for example), the link embed shows a purchase button that when clicked by a member takes them to an error screen.  I would assume this button shouldn't be appearing unless a price is set?  Example of both issues below.

Thanks I'll fix this

Thank you so much for answering my questions!

10 hours ago, Spanner said:

This "additional text area"?

Yes!  So that the buyer can leave a note that will be sent to the seller after purchase.

10 hours ago, Spanner said:

You must have Commerce app for this and Commerce should be turned on in this category. After ending offer Commerce should generate automatically invoice and send email to winner with information "you won, and this is invoice...." and to seller with information user X win...

Okay, I looked to see if an invoice was generated and it was, but there's an issue with that.  The auction ended with the bid at $80, minimum price was set to $50.

Auction

158e097d7cb7b191305f2d25ae049bda.png

Invoice

15bdf07d79c8c8a9ee0ab590568f5aa9.png

7 hours ago, ahc said:

Yes!  So that the buyer can leave a note that will be sent to the seller after purchase.

I'll add

7 hours ago, ahc said:

Okay, I looked to see if an invoice was generated and it was, but there's an issue with that.  The auction ended with the bid at $80, minimum price was set to $50.

I'll check. You have only USD currency?

On 4/25/2020 at 1:51 PM, SergeFr said:

Bonjour,

Depuis quelques jours j'ai envoyé à plusieurs endroits chez "Spanner" "mail, forum, facebook" pas de nouvelle concernant mon souci :

Comment résoudre mon problème.

Merci

Capture.PNG

Hello,

First of all, a bad topic 🙂
Secondly, I wrote back to you on 2020-04-23T14:23:05Z (Check PM)

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/21/2020 at 9:36 AM, Douglas Glover said:

I want the seller to be able to rate the buyer in exactly the same way as the buyer can rate the seller. Like ebay, basically.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:44 AM, Spanner said:

Ok, I'll try to add this in next version

@Spanner are you able to let me know if/when this might be a thing? It's the only thing holding me back from launching this service to my users at the moment.

7 hours ago, Douglas Glover said:

@Spanner are you able to let me know if/when this might be a thing? It's the only thing holding me back from launching this service to my users at the moment.

Yes, Now I'm developing version 3.3.1 - in this version I can't add this but in next release - yes. I must rebuild comment system and this is not simple operation

is there any way to have a package that doesn't expire

eg the sale item stays on sale permanently - as in the item never expires

also I find a major issue with the app  is the terminology 

you use 'offers' as the name of the app and also the name of the sales  items as in 'offers' rather than say 'item'

as 'offer/s' also can mean 'bid/s' in english it can get confusing

after all you could be saying offers for an  offer in offers

are there any plans to redo the 'english' language ?

14 minutes ago, sound said:

is there any way to have a package that doesn't expire

Currently you can set duration to 9999 weeks

14 minutes ago, sound said:

also I find a major issue with the app  is the terminology 

you use 'offers' as the name of the app and also the name of the sales  items as in 'offers' rather than say 'item'

as 'offer/s' also can mean 'bid/s' in english it can get confusing

after all you could be saying offers for an  offer in offers

are there any plans to redo the 'english' language ?

Please send me on PM your proposals what change to what  and I can change 🙂

3 minutes ago, Spanner said:

Currently you can set duration to 9999 weeks

Please send me on PM your proposals what change to what  and I can change 🙂

but if you set it to 9999 weeks then the runout date still  shows everywhere and showing say 1 june 2047 showing doesn't look very good/professional imo

on the language will do 👍

15 minutes ago, sound said:

but if you set it to 9999 weeks then the runout date still  shows everywhere and showing say 1 june 2047 showing doesn't look very good/professional imo

Yes, but now I don't have better solution. If you want to hide this info you should edit template -> sdsalespro -> front -> view -> offerInformation and find and remove:

<li class="ipsDataItem">
                <span class="ipsDataItem_generic ipsDataItem_size3"><strong>{{if $offer->expire_date < time()}}{lang="sd_salespro_expired"}{{else}}{lang="sd_salespro_expire"}{{endif}}</strong></span>
                <span class="ipsDataItem_generic ipsDataItem_main">{datetime="$offer->expire_date"}</span>
            </li>

• 3 weeks later...