Licence Issue

Dhillon

Way back in 2009, not happy with the direction vbulletin was headed I invested in IPB so that someday I could port from vb3 to IPB.

I paid for 'IP.Board Copyright Footer Removal , IP.Downloads , IP.Board: Community Suite , IP.Content''

Now I am considering to make the switch.

Yesterday when I logged into my account I couldn't see my purchases So opened up a ticket.(877972)

Now the issue.

Board, Downloads and content has been added back but not the gallery and blog.

According to IPB support I have forfeited gallery and blog for some reason.

Also all other purchases are showing as 'Inactive' unless I renew I can't even use the versions I paid for.

Cannot answer regarding gallery and blog (have to contact support or billing as to why they are not there).

2009 is a long time ago and not sure what version would have been available then but likely now they would be end of line and no longer supported (so even if you had access to your client area it would not be there).

I know its not much use to you now but should have d/loaded the files back in 2009 and kept a copy of them on your hard drive then could use them now (although you would not get support if they are end of line and could have security issues)

I could be wrong on the above so maybe IPS staff can explain better if I am wrong.

Also all other purchases are showing as 'Inactive' unless I renew I can't even use the versions I paid for.

Yes, that’s how it works. You have access to the paid version and future versions as long as your license is valid.

So to access your 2009 purchase from the backend you should have downloaded the files back then.

But to be honest: Converting from vB to a 2009 version of IPS now doesn’t seem like a good idea. You better renew your license and use the latest version.

If you had made the switch back in 2009, your IPS version would still be pretty out of date now and you should renew it anyway.

For sure I'd renew first. The main issue is blog and gallery are not there to renew.

According to support I never had them

You paid for that promotion but never renewed it. You've not been able to download all of those since 2009 during your initial purchase period. You did pay independently for copyright removal, content and downloads -- all of which are on your account.

Check below emal in response to my presale query, I paid 275$ for full 'special' offer.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

1) No, our convertor takes care of that, so no password reset is required.

2) We are offering either $25 off a standard license (was $149.99), or $25 off our full special offer (was $299 for Board, Blog, Gallery, Downloads and IP.Content)

3) If you purchase the board on its own ($149.99) we can upgrade that to the community suite for the price difference ($100) as long as it was done within 30 days of purchase.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Regards,

Debbie Mecham

IPS Customer Relations

Peterborough, UK

Invision Power Services, Inc.

-----------------------------------------------

I empathize with your frustration, however posting your private matters on a public forum is probably not the best idea.

Only IPS Staff will be able to resolve this issue for you and they would only be able to do so within a ticket.

I would encourage you to follow up in your ticket with any transaction details you may have that support your prior purchase.

If you are not happy then you can always get your ticket escalated to management.

We can't really assist you on the forums, it must be done via the ticket system to customer service.

It sounds like you had the original bundle which was forums, gallery & blog.

Assuming your account has not altered you would still have the invoices showing in your client area.

You need to request the issue be escalated within your ticket.

As has been noted, none of us here have access to your account. Only IPS Staff, within the ticket system (Client Area), have such access. They are the only ones that would be able to help you.

Well any desire to port over from vb is gone now.

Lindy Throgmartin, who I am conversing with in ticket is apparently from the management team.

She has decided that Community Suit does never included blog and gallery.

So what now ?

You paid for that promotion but never renewed it. You've not been able to download all of those since 2009 during your initial purchase period. You did pay independently for copyright removal, content and downloads -- all of which are on your account.

Dhillion ok i really can't see problem the Community Suit is IP.Board then Apps extra ! has been like that for over few years now nothing changed if paid for license in 2009 you need get active license via renewing it ! its makes clear for 1 year then after then pay $*** for renewal and that all in client area.

But still can port over from VB to IPB just not with 2009 version you will have updated one !

Looking at the invoice subject, then it looks like you have everything, as it lists the items purchased. You can easily add other items to your suite if you wish.

Copyright removal is not cheap (it used to be around $200, but is now $500). and that makes up most of your purchase.

If Lindy is the person who has replied, then that is going to be final :)

Oh and Lindy is a he ;)

Check the screenshot of Invoice in post #8 (It clearly says community suit)

Check the email I quoted from IPB in post#4 from IPB before I made the purchase.

Who here other than Lindy believes community suit doesn't include blog and gallery ?

Back in 2009 when my account was active I used to download blog and gallery from client area.

Who here other than Lindy believes community suit doesn't include blog and gallery ?

Me, for one. Because it didn't and doesn't.

You've been given the best advice possible in this thread - to escalate it via ticket - and you've been given the right answer in that ticket.

You really do have what you paid for, so you'll either need to buy the additional addons or go without them.

Then you need to be clear. That's not the community suite you're referring to, but a specific promotion that bundled extras with it. People can only advise you on the information they have to hand.

That said, if you didn't renew them then I'm not sure where you stand and the advice above stands - you have to deal with this via the ticket.

this was the offer -

"2) We are offering either $25 off a standard license (was $149.99), or $25 off our full special offer (was $299 for Board, Blog, Gallery, Downloads and IP.Content)"

Does it state anywhere that If I do not renew I'll loose my licence ?

this was the offer -

"2) We are offering either $25 off a standard license (was $149.99), or $25 off our full special offer (was $299 for Board, Blog, Gallery, Downloads and IP.Content)"

Does it state anywhere that If I do not renew I'll loose my licence ?

i going guess that once had lifetime license know as Perpetual

Archived