Invision Community
Xaib

Before Purchasing Want to Ask Questions

Hi,

Well I am the old user of IPB, since 2003 I was using IPB free forums and then comes to hosted forums (Nulled) and still using it. But I am tired to use nulled things in my life. So I decided to purchase IPB forum. Even I know that VB is so good rather then IPB, Because VB got so much great SEO Feature in it but IPB don't have that much. (If I am wrong please correct me) And also most professional website using VB (Which I saw).

Well I have some questions before purchasing that:

1) Which one is the best version of IPB (Currently) Should be use on sites, Because 3.4.6 is not working properly.

2) What are the benefits after purchasing and What I will get ?

3) Can I use my IPB on existing site (I know Silly Question but still want to satisfied on my question)

Seems these three questions enough for me :)

Regards

Hi,

To my knowledge 3.4.6 is fine and the only version that i would recommend.

The problem with nulled software (apart from it being illegal) is that it is often corrupted and can contain errors. I really would not rely upon it to judge a product.

You can install a legal product over your illegal copy and retain your database and your posts/users.

What makes you think "Vb has great SEO features and IPB does not"? IP.Board has plenty of "SEO features" (including friendly URLs, sitemaps, sharing integration to help get your links to a wider audience, meta tag management, semantic HTML and more) and has absolutely no problems getting indexed or recognized by Google.

Additionally, "most professional website using VB" is a pretty subjective statement. There are many businesses and enterprise clients, and many individual "professional" sites, using IP.Board. :)

1) We would recommend using the latest release of IP.Board, which is 3.4.6. Can you clarify how it is not working properly? We are using it on this site right now and while no version is ever completely "bug free", it should be working correctly.

2) You will get access to our enterprise spam service, a free 5-user chat room, our visual skin editor, official technical support, access to our marketplace where both free and paid resources are available, access to post in our custom projects section, access to post in our peer-based technical support help area, and access to future updates from us (including access for us to perform major release upgrades for you at no additional charge). When 4.0 is released, if your license is still active (which costs $25 per 6 month period, however there is no penalty if you let the active status of your license lapse should you wish to do so), you will get access to it at no additional cost.

3) Per our license agreement, you need to purchase a license for IP.Board in order to use it. You need one license per installation, so if you purchase a license from us you are entitled to use IP.Board on your site. I am unsure if you are asking if you can purchase one license and use it on more than one site (the answer to that is no), or if you are asking if you need to use the files we provide rather than the files you obtained illegally (in that case, we strongly recommend uploading the files we provide over top of your existing copies in order to remove any potential backdoor trojans the pirates may have added, and to ensure they are fully up to date and error-free as Ian mentioned).

Thanks bfarber and lan for your comments.

1) bfarber as you said that I can upgrade my version If my license status is active. Let say I purchase it and after 6 months I did not upgrade it from $25. But I saw that you released 4.0 after 8 months. So can I upgrade my licence again in $25?

2) Yes I am already using my forum and its nulled, so what I need to do that just upload all legal files to my current sites or should i have to Install it again?

1) Yes, you can renew at any time for the renewal price (not the full purchase price).

2) Once you've made the purchase, please file a ticket to Support. We'll be happy to upload a new set of files. That will not affect any existing content. You won't lose posts or members, etc.

And it's very important to replace those nulled files with known-good ones, since the nulled ones can have viruses, malware, back-doors into your system, etc.

I do not know what is valid licence? I buy one licence then I should can run my site forever?
Only after some days I want to upgrade to new version I should pay you 25$?

A license is valid forever. Purchase of one license will allow you to run your site forever.

An active license is required for additional features like spam protection and ability to upgrade (see bfarber's #2 above). A license is active for 6 months since purchase or renewal. During the span which your license is active, you can freely do upgrades.

When you purchase IP.Board, you can use it "forever" on the site your license is tied to, yes.

After 6 months, if you want to continue receiving upgrades, support, and retain access to the optional anti-spam/IP.Chat services, you will need to renew your license. You don't have to renew it to continue using the software though, and if you chose not to renew immediately after it expires, you can still renew it again at any later date for no additional fee.

Hello,

You can run the software for as long as you like (on downloadable licence) with the last downloaded version.

Your support and the ability to download upgrades lasts for 6 months.

For IP.Board you can extend this for a further 6 months for $25.

Renewal of your support and download ability is optional. If you did not renew for say 4 months you are not penalised. You simply pay $25 for a further period of 6 months.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.