IPS 4 and the warning system

wimg

Don't know if you've planned this for ips 4.0 but I sure would like to have the ability to write a custom text for each warning to be filled automatically when I choose either of them. To write each time the same things is very annoying even if I have to copy paste the text.

Also I totally agree that the warning and the suspension must be more visible to the user who still asks me why he was banned/suspended.

What about those of us who don't use warning systems. I'm using vB 3.8.x now and no warnings or reputation. When I convert to IPS 4, I'd like to implement that same policy. Can warnings be turned off?

Thanks,

Jim

You are not required to use the warning system, no.

Don't know if you've planned this for ips 4.0 but I sure would like to have the ability to write a custom text for each warning to be filled automatically when I choose either of them. To write each time the same things is very annoying even if I have to copy paste the text.

Also I totally agree that the warning and the suspension must be more visible to the user who still asks me why he was banned/suspended.

It's much clearer in 4.0, don't worry.

It's much clearer in 4.0, don't worry.

A blog update on the warnings system is probably one of the things I most look forward to then.

Not just making warnings clearer and easier for the end user to understand, I also hope you can find ways of making the burden easier on forum moderators and admins.

Also, even if it doesn't send notification, the user could still view the warning just by looking at their account warnings, so they might get confused when they see they have a random warning for something without any member notes associated with it.

Yeah, that would cause confusion and many PMs. What I described earlier, user notes, but tied to warning system and ban notes, would be perfect. One collective area, but also, could be viewed individually in their respective areas.

If however it DOES NOT notify OR leave a 0 warning that they can see, it could be a workaround for now.

A blog update on the warnings system is probably one of the things I most look forward to then.

Not just making warnings clearer and easier for the end user to understand, I also hope you can find ways of making the burden easier on forum moderators and admins.

It's coming, don't worry. We are taking some extra time to make sure the way it ties into all of the applications and integrates with other areas (and the functionality available, such as the ability to revoke warnings) is right before we blog about it, however.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How I can unban member?

And where I can see which restrictions the moderator gave to the member?

The only things I can see is the reason and the points.

For future reference, please use the Community Support Forums if you need help with something IP.Board related. This is the feedback forum for suggestions, complaints, and sucking up giving praise to IPS.

You can easily unban a member and view their active restrictions in the AdminCP.

Go to the members tab and search for the member you wish to administrate.

At the top of the page, look for the Ban Member or Unban Member button. If it says "Unban Member", naturally that means the member is banned.

If you want to view or edit the restrictions on an active members account, click on the Forum Details & Restrictions tab.

Can we have a choice regarding modal windows? I really hate them.

If you really have to, do please implement them in proper templates, rather than pieces of js code or even purely generated by the back-end. I have come across too many which cannot be modified to really look like I'd want to. Some of the embedded js even gets overridden by generated code, so one can't even use the "new template" stuff in the js parts of a template to override how it looks.

Warm regards, Wim

Agree!
I really hope that this will be possible in IPB4

The biggest change we applied is connecting Report system with Warnings.

An example from postbit http://d.pr/i/5euj

When you click on Add Warning , it will open an overlay to easily add a warning to the user http://d.pr/i/W7Z8

As you can see there are specific area's where a moderator needs to fill in .

When a user is warned , it also automatically closes the Report and copy the warning reason to report .

Thanks, but your 1st link is dead?

Will the new warning system also remove the warning description as well? For instance, when you give someone a warning, you can also enter in a description. When you revoke the warning, will there be an option if you wish to remove the description for that warning as well?

Archived