what do you think about IPB support?

bavi

Realizing this thread is a few days old, I was just curious as to the usual amount of time elapsed before a reply from support?

hello, this would vary by department and the nature of the issue, for general support our SLA is 48 hours or less, however most tickets are answered within minutes to only a few hours. Critical items are answered within minutes in almost all cases as well as priority support too.

My experience with IPB support has been awesome. :yes:

They respond in a reasonable amount time and have been patient with me during my initial set up and learning period which is priceless as far as I am concerned. I believe licensing not only funds support but product development making the cost more than acceptable. I do not work for free and I certainly would not expect the IPB Staff to either.

Ticket service if you Pay is very good - Forum Service is 0% and unfeasible

Forum "service" is heavily operated around community support. Though staff do post and help people out around here, you should not expect a guaranteed response from them when requesting support on the community forums.

We (other IPS clients who dedicate our time to offering free support) have no obligation to help you (especially when you want to label us as 0%). If you want support from IPS directly, you should use the ticket system, not the forums. :smile:

I come from an other software and there was the Forum Support from the developer of the product very good .... but for me it is acceptabel with the ticket support, because most of the staff there is very helpfull

that forum support here is a lack i knowed before purchasing - it is not the first system for me so it is okay for me - but it is a lack with the forum support, maybe it will become better in the future

IPS support is great. I have licenses with the big three paid forum software providers. I like IPS the best.

the forum is for user to user support. most members here are really cool people who are willing to help with noob stuff and don't ride around on a high horse, IME. IPS staff help out on the board too!

that forum support here is a lack i knowed before purchasing - it is not the first system for me so it is okay for me - but it is a lack with the forum support, maybe it will become better in the future

Or maybe the forum lacking quality support is just your opinion :)

lot of the answers we give here are actually answers many of us had from actual tickets too. or in my case from me experimenting and breaking stuff :smile:

and I do not know of anyone here that charges for those answers either....

I wouldn't mind being paid a small salary to offer dedicated support on here though, heh :P

Archived