Community

Aiwa

Steam Profile Integration (3.4.x)

You don't need a custom profile field. You can leave the profile field key setting alone. As long as it doesn't match an existing field with data other than steam names/IDs you're ok.

The hook searches to see if the key is valid. If not falls back to just using the steam ID set by Lavo's sign in.

It's style using a maintitle instead of the sideblock class the forum side blocks have. That's easy to change..

Replace

<div class='maintitle'>{$title}</div>
<div class='ipsBox'>
<div class='ipsBox_container'>

With

<div class='ipsSideBlock clearfix'>
<h3>{$title}</h3>

AND Remove one of the </div> at the bottom of the template.

I believe that some sort of script should be available or a function to run on new installs which would take all the users and scan their profile fields for steam info and then cache it. Is there any way to speed that process up? do I have to keep running the task all the time?

I have reinstalled and I believe it worked okay. but the speed of caching member profiles is slow. and how often does it renew the info? how does that work?

You can adjust the task to run faster, fastest I would recommend is every 5 minutes. There is also a setting that you can adjust to set how many members to update per each run of the task. If you want the task to try and pull all your members, set the setting value to 1000 and run it. Any issues you run into with execution of the task, however, would be server imposed limits in the execution time of a process. With the calls to steam, re-caching 100 members could take 200-300 seconds.

I'll have the next version out in a couple of weeks that will also give each individual member, or admin / mod, the option of being able to update their profile data manually from their profile if it's not updating fast enough for them.

There has to be a trade off with how the data is pulled. If you have it pulled on page load, no caching, then each and every page load would increase by the amount of time it takes to make the calls to the steam API, so if you load a topic that has 10 members steam profile data on it, that's 20-30 seconds you have to wait for the page to pull that data before it's displayed. With caching, it's all pulled ahead of time so you don't have that overhead on page loads. The downside of caching is the data isn't always 100% up to date. That's a trade off that must be made to not completely nuke your sites performance with the places this data is being displayed.

As noted earlier, you are certainly welcome to adjust the task execution time to 5 minutes and increase the number of members pulled at a time. Note, though, any performance issues incurred by doing so would be something you'll need to contact your host about. I set it to 15 minutes and 20 members as I felt that request time was reasonable to assume the majority of web hosts would accept without issue.

I'm getting a database error. The interesting thing is it ran perfectly fine on my dev site, but not on the live site. I've double checked all of the settings and they are exactly the same.

Here's the error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Date: Thu, 23 Jan 2014 03:44:09 +0000 Error: 1054 - Unknown column 'm.member_id' in 'order clause' IP Address: 75.177.163.118 - /backside/index.php?adsess=5b3b72467eee256c1571b406c5a4aa69&app=core&module=system&section=taskmanager&do=task_run_now&task_id=55&tab=members ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- mySQL query error: SELECT SQL_CALC_FOUND_ROWS * FROM ibf_members WHERE steamid ORDER BY m.member_id ASC LIMIT 0,20 .--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------. | File | Function | Line No. | |----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------| | D:wwwrootwww.7thcavalry.usbacksideapplicationscoremodules_adminsystemtaskmanager.php| [task_item].runTask | 325 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | D:wwwrootwww.7thcavalry.usbacksideapplicationscoremodules_adminsystemtaskmanager.php| [admin_core_system_taskmanager].taskManagerRunTask | 97 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------' | D:wwwrootwww.7thcavalry.usbacksidesourcesbaseipsController.php | [admin_core_system_taskmanager].doExecute | 306 | '----------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------+-------------------'

In the event anyone else runs into this same query error

I'll update the download this evening to fix this issue, just download the version I upload tonight and re-upload the files to your server.

Edited by Aiwa

In the event anyone else runs into this...

Edit /admin/applications/members/tasks/steam_profile.php line 141

Change this

$mems		= $this->DB->build( array( 	'select' 	=> '*',

to this

$mems		= $this->DB->build( array( 	'select' 	=> 'm.*',

I'll update the download this evening to fix this issue, if you're not comfortable making this change, just download the version I upload tonight and re-upload the files to your server.

Awesome, thanks for the quick fix!

Fixed files have been uploaded.

This only applies if you're using the details from Lavo's steam sign in and no custom profile field.

If you're already using 1.0.4, to resolve this, just re-upload the task file to your server. No need to re-install the hook.

If you're using any version other than 1.0.4, I recommend upgrading.

You can adjust the task to run faster, fastest I would recommend is every 5 minutes. There is also a setting that you can adjust to set how many members to update per each run of the task. If you want the task to try and pull all your members, set the setting value to 1000 and run it. Any issues you run into with execution of the task, however, would be server imposed limits in the execution time of a process. With the calls to steam, re-caching 100 members could take 200-300 seconds.

where exactly do you edit how many members are pulled? because in that task scheduler I can change only how often it is pulled but not how many at a time.

hey,Aiwa I tried to buy your Steam Profile Integration. I was using paypal but it still need a credit card to pay. since I don't have a credit card so is it possible that I send you money directly through paypal and then you send me the Steam Profile Integration by Email?

I'm afraid all transactions need to go through the IPS Marketplace and their PayPal gateway.

Any limitation you're experiencing with PayPal is an issue with PayPal. If you have a balance in your PayPal account, I'm not sure why you're being asked for a Credit Card.

I have set it to perform task every 5 minutes with 20 members per one go.

And now its the 3rd time I go to task scheduler to find the task locked. I unlock it and when I check it the other day its locked again. What can be done so it would not lock itself up every time? I've turned it back to 15 minutes.

Any suggestions?

Also in the profile - my owned steam games window games are listed in NON-alphabetical order. Can it be changed so it would show games in order # 0-9 and a-z?

Can you please manually run the task and see if you get an error? Also please check your SQL error logs? How many members are do you have with steam data?

It's likely your hitting a server limitation like some others. I've got a new version I'm working on that resolves this issue.

For your game data, it's organized by steam APP ID. At the moment there is no method to re-order those. I'll look at that for a future version.

I've been getting this error after upgrading to 1.0.4.

The fix about line 141 above didn't work (just gave me an error about no tables found m.). But what I think DID work was adding a space before AND as below (line 143):

'where'

=> "steamid".(!$this->settings['kc_steam_groups'] ? '' :

" AND

(member_group_id IN({$this->settings['kc_steam_groups']}) OR mgroup_others IN({$this->settings['kc_steam_groups']}))"),

The space between " and AND seems to fix the MySQL syntax when running. The task works now when manually running, but I will have to wait and see if it does update steam profiles or not. Will report back.

Edit: Yep, everything seems to be updating just fine now.

What's New in Version 1.1.0

• Major Storage schema update for increased scalability.
  • Improved Error handling
  • Added ability for Members / Admins to update profiles manually
  • Added ability to validate the SteamID the member has entered into their profile
  • Added admin ability to Remove / Restrict individual members from having their profiles pulled
  • Performance enhancements / Bug Fixes