Community

Aiwa

Steam Profile Integration (3.4.x)

Couple things I noticed about your front end

• The popup hovercard of the users profile, the image could be downsized and pushed down a bit
  • The Validate SteamID checkmark icon needs a space next to it

Other than that, it looks very neat!

17 hours ago, Hulu said:

Couple things I noticed about your front end

• The popup hovercard of the users profile, the image could be downsized and pushed down a bit
  • The Validate SteamID checkmark icon needs a space next to it

Other than that, it looks very neat!

1) I'm using default IPS styles for maximum theme compatibility.  I have, however, added some padding to push it down a bit.  

2) Damn good eyes... Fixed.

Pricing has not yet been determined.  It will be more than the 3.x version and there will be renewals.  With the rapid pace of IPS releases, this will need more attention than before to keep updated.  Also, there are a few features that are not going to be in this initial release that I have planned for future releases.  

I do plan on offering some kind of discount to those that have purchased the 3.x version before a certain date, to be determined.  

Aiwa I do have one question.  Once released will there be files that have to be uploaded separately or will the entire install be done via ACP? Only asking cause currently hosting with IPS and they do not have ftp access anymore. Won't be a problem once we move to self host but not sure when that will be.

10 minutes ago, Porthos1973 said:

Aiwa I do have one question.  Once released will there be files that have to be uploaded separately or will the entire install be done via ACP? Only asking cause currently hosting with IPS and they do not have ftp access anymore. Won't be a problem once we move to self host but not sure when that will be.

Not sure how he will do it but if he compresses the application into a .tar, it should install just fine on Community in the Cloud.

There is a custom field type that, as of the version I'm using for development, requires a file to be uploaded via FTP.  I know IPS is aware of the issue, so they may have fixed it in the latest version.  

That file is only a requirement if you use custom profile fields.  If you're using Lavo's Steam Login, everything should work just fine without that file.

I are looking to install the Steam Login on our website. We currently use the cloud based hosting provided by IPB. It requires access to the root directory but i have had 0 success un locating this on the admin CP. Could someone please outline where to find this?

Thanks

Rob

3 hours ago, Rob Pearson said:

I are looking to install the Steam Login on our website. We currently use the cloud based hosting provided by IPB. It requires access to the root directory but i have had 0 success un locating this on the admin CP. Could someone please outline where to find this?

Thanks

Rob

This is a support topic for Steam Profile Integration, not Steam Login. Please post in the correct support topic, or a public forum requesting community assistance. 

This is not the topic for your question. 

On April 15, 2016 at 6:55 PM, Aiwa said:

There is a custom field type that, as of the version I'm using for development, requires a file to be uploaded via FTP.  I know IPS is aware of the issue, so they may have fixed it in the latest version.  

That file is only a requirement if you use custom profile fields.  If you're using Lavo's Steam Login, everything should work just fine without that file.

This is no longer the case.  As of this post, there are no files to upload to the server.  Simply import the app.tar and update settings. 

Quick update for everyone, development is done.  Alpha testing on a copy of one of my production sites.  Should be releasing an alpha version to a select few clients this week.

Great news! Any idea on the price of this? We are literally waiting for this to make a HUGE change in our community, so want to make sure we have funds at the ready ;)

24 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Great news! Any idea on the price of this? We are literally waiting for this to make a HUGE change in our community, so want to make sure we have funds at the ready ;)

See previous update.  I'll be tallying up time spent and working out final pricing this week.  

On April 10, 2016 at 9:00 AM, Aiwa said:

Pricing has not yet been determined.  It will be more than the 3.x version and there will be renewals.  With the rapid pace of IPS releases, this will need more attention than before to keep updated.  Also, there are a few features that are not going to be in this initial release that I have planned for future releases.  

I do plan on offering some kind of discount to those that have purchased the 3.x version before a certain date, to be determined.  

1 minute ago, almax said:

@Aiwa Need someone who does QA professionally to run through this?  I would be willing to lend a hand.

I appreciate the offer.  I think I've got enough testers on it at the moment but would certainly appreciate anything you find in the final release that we've missed.  

I released beta 1 yesterday.  A few minor tweaks here and there and some data formatted differently than on my test sites to deal with, but overall it's going well.